My order status

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, ichiroll said:

That the limits are not for any one given order

I believe, technically, this is indeed the case. If you want to be really really safe, you never break that limit over the lifetime of your account. However, from what I've gathered from the Bans thread (and I admit this isn't always the case, there have been some pretty random Bans like Sandwraith's experience), generally speaking, you need to do some pretty excessive purchasing in one go to prompt an investigation of your account, which could lead to them seeing reseller activity. However, if you stay within the limit on a per-order basis (and like I said before, avoiding doing anything stupid like placing 5-10 orders back to back in a single day), you aren't likely to raise any red flags in their system, and the purchases should go to In Warehouse without a catch. And then as long as you cycle the purchases, on the surface it looks like Today you bought 1 PR. Yesterday you bought an EV, and tomorrow you're grabbing a SC. Next week you might grab another EV. Unless they check your account history at random, nobody will know you already purchased one. or two. or five. 

It's a gamble much like investing itself, but as stated before, someone ran a test on this two years back and was 100% successful, breaking the limits on all (or most) exclusives purchased throughout the promo period without any red flags raised. 

Edit: One of you long-timers or Mods might recall the experiment I'm talking about. Can anyone remember who did it, would be great to link the post in question for newbie reference. 

Edited by Zelgazra

6 minutes ago, Zelgazra said:

I believe, technically, this is indeed the case. If you want to be really really safe, you never break that limit over the lifetime of your account. However, from what I've gathered from the Bans thread (and I admit this isn't always the case, there have been some pretty random Bans like Sandwraith's experience), generally speaking, you need to do some pretty excessive purchasing in one go to prompt an investigation of your account, which could lead to them seeing reseller activity. However, if you stay within the limit on a per-order basis (and like I said before, avoiding doing anything stupid like placing 5-10 orders back to back in a single day), you aren't likely to raise any red flags in their system, and the purchases should go to In Warehouse without a catch. And then as long as you cycle the purchases, on the surface it looks like Today you bought 1 PR. Yesterday you bought an EV, and tomorrow you're grabbing a SC. Next week you might grab another EV. Unless they check your account history at random, nobody will know you already purchased one. or two. or five. 

It's a gamble much like investing itself, but as stated before, someone ran a test on this two years back and was 100% successful, breaking the limits on all (or most) exclusives purchased throughout the promo period without any red flags raised. 

Edit: One of you long-timers or Mods might recall the experiment I'm talking about. Can anyone remember who did it, would be great to link the post in question for newbie reference. 

it was @terrymc4677 i believe who ran it and as you mentioned before it does work with all those conditions mentioned above. 

one likely reason when it falls apart is when "backordered product is in the mix" and also when there is a delay in shipping on one of the weekdays so the safest way is to make sure  that second order is not placed until the first one hits/gets the shipping status.

15 minutes ago, newbie77 said:

it was @terrymc4677 i believe who ran it and as you mentioned before it does work with all those conditions mentioned above. 

one likely reason when it falls apart is when "backordered product is in the mix" and also when there is a delay in shipping on one of the weekdays so the safest way is to make sure  that second order is not placed until the first one hits/gets the shipping status.

Yes, that was me. October of 2014. I'll have to do some digging to find my original post with the results. I think I posted it in the Ban thread as well at one point. To summarize, I ordered one exclusive every day for the entire month of October on one account. I never ordered the same set two days in a row, and waited for my previous order to go "in warehouse" before placing the next one. No issues whatsoever. Each order also came with a promo item, which at the time was the Christmas Elves' Toy Workshop, so I received 30 of those. My last order on the 31st didn't get one because they ran out.

I am still using the same account and so far this period have ordered an Ewok Village, Ferris Wheel, TIE Fighter, 2 Ecto-1s, and a Slave 1. It's been more than one order per day, but I place one around 2am when I get up for work and the next around 4pm when I get home. The previous order is in warehouse by the time I place the next order. No issues yet, and everything has been shipped so far.

• Like 2

Forget it.  I'm not cleaning this mess up.

We've got Stockroom Thread, and a LEGO Bans thread.  Feel free to move those conversations over there.

I'd like to wildly speculate on retirements. Have I come to the right thread? No? What about that sweet sweet Tumbler talk?

On topic, my Mini Cooper also shipped late afternoon today. I was getting worried.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, macpro76 said:

sorry for the images being so big and off alignment.

You're spending time in the collection/stockroom, shipping materials, storage/packing advice threads right? You should never stack LEGO boxes the way you have here for any length of time. The cardboard isn't built to handle the weight of being stacked multiple sets high despite what the retailers might do.

This will take to where you need to go.

9 hours ago, terrymc4677 said:

Yes, that was me. October of 2014. I'll have to do some digging to find my original post with the results. I think I posted it in the Ban thread as well at one point. To summarize, I ordered one exclusive every day for the entire month of October on one account. I never ordered the same set two days in a row, and waited for my previous order to go "in warehouse" before placing the next one. No issues whatsoever. Each order also came with a promo item, which at the time was the Christmas Elves' Toy Workshop, so I received 30 of those. My last order on the 31st didn't get one because they ran out.

I am still using the same account and so far this period have ordered an Ewok Village, Ferris Wheel, TIE Fighter, 2 Ecto-1s, and a Slave 1. It's been more than one order per day, but I place one around 2am when I get up for work and the next around 4pm when I get home. The previous order is in warehouse by the time I place the next order. No issues yet, and everything has been shipped so far.

You buried the lead. You get up at 2AM for work? That makes me tired just thinking about it.  :mda:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cladner said:

sort of like they did with ant-man - initial technical glitch, then an abbreviated life.  one can only hope with 12 already stashed from the fao sale.  

http://www.thebrickfan.com/reports-of-quality-control-issues-with-lego-marvel-super-heroes-ant-man-final-battle-76039/

http://brickset.com/article/16465/what-s-wrong-with-21303-wall%E2%80%A2e

now back to finding out if people's KEM orders shipped from bn.  :sleep:

I got shipping conformation today in US on KEM

2 hours ago, cladner said:

sort of like they did with ant-man - initial technical glitch, then an abbreviated life.  one can only hope with 12 already stashed from the fao sale.  

http://www.thebrickfan.com/reports-of-quality-control-issues-with-lego-marvel-super-heroes-ant-man-final-battle-76039/

http://brickset.com/article/16465/what-s-wrong-with-21303-wall%E2%80%A2e

now back to finding out if people's KEM orders shipped from bn.  :sleep:

Mine did. Due Friday

11 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

Forget it.  I'm not cleaning this mess up.

We've got Stockroom Thread, and a LEGO Bans thread.  Feel free to move those conversations over there.

I think you should change your image from Volectro to this, because this is what I picture everytime I see your username. 

56e03e8ae2dfd_janitor-lego-minifigure1.j

and to be on point, my LEGO Shop at Home order shipped with my series 15 minifigures.

Edited by lazuli16
  • Like 1