My order status

9 minutes ago, legogregors said:

This is a limit one exclusive.  Are you testing LEGO Shop at Home by ordering two within 24 hours?

So this is going to sound stupid but I thought it meant limit of 1 per order like it does on most shopping outlets.  I didn't think I would run into a problem ordering 2 separate orders of 1 each.

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, dcdfan said:

emoji33.png

LOL I know...

I've been reading up on the "ban" thread quite a bit too just to make sure my buying habits are "in line."

Limit of 5 for Sandcrawler, 2 for Slave 1, all make sense, but limit of 1 for EV? for the whole household?  Just didn't register to me...

Another question is, are the limits calculated retroactively at all.  i.e. I purchased 3 EV's in January.  Now the limit is down to 1.  Am I all the sudden going to be on the radar?

EDIT: For what it's worth, both EV orders are in "In Warehouse" status...

Edited by ichiroll

LOL I know...

I've been reading up on the "ban" thread quite a bit too just to make sure my buying habits are "in line."

Limit of 5 for Sandcrawler, 2 for Slave 1, all make sense, but limit of 1 for EV? for the whole household?  Just didn't register to me...

Another question is, are the limits calculated retroactively at all.  i.e. I purchased 3 EV's in January.  Now the limit is down to 1.  Am I all the sudden going to be on the radar?

EDIT: For what it's worth, both EV orders are in "In Warehouse" status...

LOL. All of a sudden? You were at the new max and then you went over the limit by buying another 1, then you ordered another 1. Uh, yes...

3 minutes ago, dcdfan said:

LOL. All of a sudden? You went over the limit by buying another 1, then you ordered another 1. Uh, yes...

I guess I don't see why my first purchase I made yesterday would put me over the limit.

The second order I placed immediately after, yes, I get that, lol.

So that's what I'm asking, I ordered 2 EV, 2 Sandcrawlers, and 2 Slave 1, and Avengers Helicarrier 12 months ago.  Do I ned to be mindful of that when placing these orders?

Edited by ichiroll

We really know how the limits are reviewed/enforced.  I simply try to space my purchases of the same exclusive item out over a period of months.  I agree, you are in the clear but maybe cool it on the EV from LEGO Shop at Home for a bit:)  There should be a decent Star Wars promo in May if EV lasts.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, legogregors said:

We really know how the limits are reviewed/enforced.  I simply try to space my purchases of the same exclusive item out over a period of months.  I agree, you are in the clear but maybe cool it on the EV from LEGO Shop at Home for a bit:)  There should be a decent Star Wars promo in May if EV lasts.

Understood, thanks.

Sorry for the OT discussion the last few posts.

I forget who outlined it, but last year there was a great outline for Exclusives purchasing through Double VIP. It basically revolved around choosing 4 or 5 Exclusives, then grabbing one or maybe two sets per day, and never the same sets two days in a row. By spacing them out, staying under the advertised Limit on any one given order, and waiting for the previous order to clear to "In Warehouse", it's suspected this won't raise any red flags during the promo period. If you do something stupid later on however, and they do a 6-12 month review,  they'll see the obvious hoarding, so always play it safe! Tortoise and the Hare. Slow and Steady wins this race.    

1 minute ago, Lordoflego said:

What Lego not-reseller drops 10k within 1-2 week VIP period out of nowhere? Buying 1-5 of each damn big set that they offer? With all the Lego hype in media? Maybe some do, I dunno...

Honestly, I don't know how many do, but that it not my concern.  Actually, this $10k is not just LEGO Shop at Home but also other sites and local stores over a 3 month span.  Mainly obtaining multiple UCS and other higher priced sets. Mainly for investments.  I am sure, I am not the only one spending $3k/month average on BP.   

6 minutes ago, Lordoflego said:

What Lego not-reseller drops 10k within 1-2 week VIP period out of nowhere? Buying 1-5 of each damn big set that they offer? With all the Lego hype in media? Maybe some do, I dunno...

Hype or not they are still resellers if they are dropping 10k within a 1-2 week VIP period.

2 minutes ago, macpro76 said:

Honestly, I don't know how many do, but that it not my concern.  Actually, this $10k is not just LEGO Shop at Home but also other sites and local stores over a 3 month span.  Mainly obtaining multiple UCS and other higher priced sets. Mainly for investments.  I am sure, I am not the only one spending $3k/month average on BP.   

it sounds more like one of the high paid silicon valley tech worker or bankers. 

have you sold single set so far? if not better get your feet wet on the water.

keep my handle for your reference so 3 years down the road when you decide to liquidate you might need it.

• Like 2