My order status

47 minutes ago, ChrisJ67 said:

I also ordered from the Target ebay store and it arrived with the seals popped.  I contacted them about this and they offered to give me a refund but there were no more to be had so I kept it and they game me 20% refund.  So not a bad deal in the end.  The box is in great shape other than the seal tape being popped form the cold weather I assume.

Just a FYI for everyone else...

10%, 20%, etc...  refunds for just popped seals is why stores will eventually stop giving partial refunds for crushed boxes.  

• Like 3

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

10%, 20%, etc...  refunds for just popped seals is why stores will eventually stop giving partial refunds for crushed boxes.  

In the words of the famous Tyler Durden

"The first rule of requesting damaged box discounts is: you don't talk about requesting damaged box discounts."

"The second rule of requesting damaged box discounts is: you don't talk about requesting damaged box discounts."

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Deadfraggle said:

In the words of the famous Tyler Durden

"The first rule of requesting damaged box discounts is: you don't talk about requesting damaged box discounts."

"The second rule of requesting damaged box discounts is: you don't talk about requesting damaged box discounts."

true. No reason to "kiss and tell". 

1 hour ago, ChrisJ67 said:

I also ordered from the Target ebay store and it arrived with the seals popped.  I contacted them about this and they offered to give me a refund but there were no more to be had so I kept it and they game me 20% refund.  So not a bad deal in the end.  The box is in great shape other than the seal tape being popped form the cold weather I assume.

Dang, I only got 10% off

16 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

If I spend X amount of hard earned money on any item, I expect said item to be deliver in a new and gift quality condition .

Yeah, I expect a certain amount of consideration to be used when packing and shipping something that I paid $200 for.  I understand the warehouse workers don't think they get paid enough to care about it, but if they continually force something into a box that is too small or leave out some form of packing material to protect the item, I'm going to replace it, return it, or get a partial refund.  At some point I will just give up ordering exclusives with that retailer as I mostly have with Walmart.  

Target has been terrible for me with Tumblers.  I think I'm up to 10 ordered from them through eBay/Target.com and only 2 of them were what I would consider acceptable condition with minor creases.  The others had some combination of the seals popped, holes in the box, and/or heavy creasing on multiple sides.

Edited by zskid00

1 hour ago, zskid00 said:

Yeah, I expect a certain amount of consideration to be used when packing and shipping something that I paid $200 for.  I understand the warehouse workers don't think they get paid enough to care about it, but if they continually force something into a box that is too small or leave out some form of packing material to protect the item, I'm going to replace it, return it, or get a partial refund.  At some point I will just give up ordering exclusives with that retailer as I mostly have with Walmart.  

Target has been terrible for me with Tumblers.  I think I'm up to 10 ordered from them through eBay/Target.com and only 2 of them were what I would consider acceptable condition with minor creases.  The others had some combination of the seals popped, holes in the box, and/or heavy creasing on multiple sides.

I arrived home Thursday to see this package from Target, which probably could have fit my 7 year old son inside comfortably. Shockingly, the lone Tumbler packed inside was minty fresh.

image.jpeg

Edited by jaisonline
Removed photo since it has the user's info on the postage label.

1 hour ago, jaisonline said:

I agree with above but... 

...this below also makes sense

53 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

If I spend X amount of hard earned money on any item, I expect said item to be deliver in a new and gift quality condition .

I guess there's always in between. I only ordered one tumbler from target and it came in great condition, and I can't complain about LEGO Shop at Home, although last order had one little box dented so....it's built already ;) plus portion of my order was cancelled so it went from qualifying for free shipping to....paying 9 bucks extra

1 hour ago, Lordoflego said:

I agree with above but... 

...this below also makes sense

I guess there's always in between. I only ordered one tumbler from target and it came in great condition, and I can't complain about LEGO Shop at Home, although last order had one little box dented so....it's built already ;) plus portion of my order was cancelled so it went from qualifying for free shipping to....paying 9 bucks extra

Here's the thing. 

It's a gray area topic here because of past posts mods "needed" to hide (even before my time)

Obviously we all deserve to get what we paid for.  No question there.  However...

For everyone who uses the partial refund policy legitimately, there's another who will abuse it. This is why the mods don't encourage members posting about it. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jaisonline said:

I simply asked for an unopened box. They had no more in stock and offered the discount.  I did not ask for it.  i did accept it however and thanked them for their assistance with my purchase.  I don't feel I did anything wrong in asking for an unopened box.  I did not inventory the box until it was determined there would not be a replacement.  I then checked to be sure everything was there, fortunately it was.

8 hours ago, jaisonline said:

Here's the thing. 

It's a gray area topic here because of past posts mods "needed" to hide (even before my time)

Obviously we all deserve to get what we paid for.  No question there.  However...

For everyone who uses the partial refund policy legitimately, there's another who will abuse it. This is why the mods don't encourage members posting about it. 

Duly noted.

This is why we come here, to learn.

Thanks for the tips.

Just got a couple of shipments from Lego LEGO Shop at Home.  The sets were packaged very poorly in the shipping box, and consequently none of the boxes are in very good shape.  I'm really disappointed.  I'm not OC about box condition, but these were expensive sets, and I expect better than that, especially from Lego.  On the bright side, they sent me a "free" Santa's Workshop...

Anyway, at the very least, it certainly has made me more apprehensive about ordering expensive sets online in the future.

26 minutes ago, Buchimuer said:

Just a quick update of my WM order few days ago. I picked it up this afternoon. The box is perfect & All seals are in good condition. With this extra one, now I can open the seal popped one from Amazon and build my own Tumbler. yay!

Did you just post an update on your Tumbler order in the My Order Status thread?!

GIVE THIS MAN A BADGE! :party: