My order status

Today was Tumbler day at my front door. I'll skip the details and go to the question: would you return a Tumbler with a dinged up box (not crushed or torn, just some "scratch and dent" action) and seals that have been popped?

I verified the contents and everything inside is 100% as it should be. 

I paid $190 out the door. 

I know that the prices for "open box/sealed bags" are pretty close to "new in sealed box" and I'm thinking that for this particular set there's an added concern with "new sealed" boxes because of the desirability of the tires and the mini figures. If I'm buying this set in 4 years I might actually prefer one with photos of the insides so I know the tires or figures haven't been skillfully extracted by a cunning thief. 

Am I just viewing my situation through rose-colored lenses or do you think there's some validity to my thought?

So anyway, keep or return? Thanks all

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, stackables said:

I am really surprise you had a bad experience with Fleet/Farm.  I actually sent them a complement email last year praising their shipping department.  Got my order in today from them and once again the sets were packaged superbly.

I am walking proof of Murphy's law. I only ordered 4 smaller total. They shipped in 4 different packages, which isn't really a financially sound decision, but not my call. 2 packages were boxes with a ton of bubble wrap, the other two individually sent in poly mailer, so I guess it is hit or miss. Seeings how they did so well with 2 of the packages, maybe I will give them a second chance depending on their solution to the damaged items.

Today was Tumbler day at my front door. I'll skip the details and go to the question: would you return a Tumbler with a dinged up box (not crushed or torn, just some "scratch and dent" action) and seals that have been popped?

I verified the contents and everything inside is 100% as it should be. 

I paid $190 out the door. 

I know that the prices for "open box/sealed bags" are pretty close to "new in sealed box" and I'm thinking that for this particular set there's an added concern with "new sealed" boxes because of the desirability of the tires and the mini figures. If I'm buying this set in 4 years I might actually prefer one with photos of the insides so I know the tires or figures haven't been skillfully extracted by a cunning thief. 

Am I just viewing my situation through rose-colored lenses or do you think there's some validity to my thought?

So anyway, keep or return? Thanks all

They are still plentiful. Call and see if they will ship a replacement.

21 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Surprisingly, I already received a ready for pick-up email for a bunch of Hulk polys I ordered this morning. Of course, Thursday this same store told me they were out of them.

I could only order 4 from my local store.  Waiting for a pickup message.  Might have to try the 20% off coupon and some reward points too while I am there.  I assume all set have inflated prices? I barely ever go to my TRU.

Edited by stackables

Had my last Cyber Monday LEGO Shop at Home order arrive today by Fedex, some Pirates sets and a Gingerbread.

Minutes later UPS arrived with my 2 copies of 24 Hours Race Car from Sears order on on Thursday (astonished how quickly this shipped and arrived!)

Went out to drop off some ebay sales at the office around the corner, came back to find Canada Post stopped by and dropped off a Bricklink Order.

Was a good day for orders!  

25 minutes ago, stackables said:

My Tumbler arrived from Target.  All the seals were busted. Some damage on the flaps too.  The box they shipped it in was super snug.  I hate to cut open the box to remove the set. 

That sucks. For me, the ones that were snug were the mint ones. The refrigerator boxes were all opened on both ends...

8 minutes ago, dcdfan said:

That sucks. For me, the ones that were snug were the mint ones. The refrigerator boxes were all opened on both ends...

Overall box condition wasn't too bad.  The seals looked like they just came undone.  I didn't inspect the bags but decided to just close the seals again.  They seem to be holding now.  I think all these loose seals is probably caused by how big the box is with all the plastic bags moving around.  I think Lego should have made the box smaller and more compact.  Not going to bother with a return or partial refund. Just real weird that a lot of these are coming with broken/loose seals. 

• Like 1

I mentioned this a few pages back on the Buy Today thread, but I picked up a damaged box tumbler from the lego store, reason for damage was seals popped, plus a tiny edge crush. I asked about it when I picked it up and they said there was a bad batch of glue for this set somewhere along the line, and tons of seals pop early on them. I think we're all experiencing this issue. 

Edited by Zelgazra
  • Like 2

DS arrived from Amazon well packed, in a large amazon box that was in great shape, but also still in LEGO shipping box inside the big box.

Two ISDs ordered from TRU.com on 12/17 were cancelled.  first move to backordered for a couple days then got an email that they could not "arrive by christmas" so they cancelled them.  Not sure what that means for ISD stock.

but on the plus side the cancellation email came with a $15 off coupon

20 hours ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Did anyone recieve their target GC from target.com ?? Mine shows "delivered" but I didn't recieve it . 

got them from both my account and the wife's account.  already bought 2 more tumblers.