My order status

• Replies 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, biking_tiger said:

Half of Blain's Fleet and Farm delivered to my front door this morning.

Half my order did as well. They somehow think that a poly bag is going to provide any protection. Of course they are completely crushed. These will be returned and I will not be ordering from them again. Lesson learned.

On 12/7/2015 at 9:33 AM, supergman said:

Anyone actually receive their $11 42009 crane's last week?  My order just got cancelled (for x1 of them via amazon).

As far as I can tell they only shipped orders placed on their site directly. All of the Amazon orders got cancelled. I was told by a supervisor at their customer service line that they were ~90 sets short from being able to fill all the orders and that accounted for what was ordered on Amazon. I am guessing they listed their entire stock of 42009's on their website and Amazon at the same time. Since they all sold out so fast the Yoyo.com direct orders got into the processing queue first and they decided to just cancel the Amazon orders instead of reordering enough sets at a loss to handle the Amazon sales.

• Like 1

On 12/7/2015 at 3:21 PM, zskid00 said:

Well boo to Toys R Us.  My online order for the $35 Coruscant Police Gunships from 11/28 was just cancelled despite showing a status of "items located in stock" for over a week.  Clearly they didn't have enough in stock of they sold them out from underneath of me.  I do have some from Shop at Home in transit but not as many as I was hoping to acquire.  This one disappeared quickly.

So this morning the Coruscant Police Gunship showed back in stock at TRU.com.  I called them and after being on hold for 25 minutes explained that my order from over a week ago was cancelled yet they now magically have some in stock for full price.  I tried to get the adjustment to $34.99 and after the CS rep "worked" on it for another 15 minutes she said the item was now out of stock and she couldn't place the order for me.  She kindly advised me to keep checking the website and call back again if it comes in stock.  Fool me once TRU... UGH!

Also some weird goings on with LEGO Shop at Home and their LIFO fulfillment method.  Order from 11/30 with Hydra Fortress Smash cancelled but order from 12/8 with Hydra Fortress Smash was shipped today.  Oh well, at least I got to keep the Gingerbread House from the 11/30 order.

Anyone actually receive their $11 42009 crane's last week?  My order just got cancelled (for x1 of them via amazon).

As far as I can tell they only shipped orders placed on their site directly. All of the Amazon orders got cancelled. I was told by a supervisor at their customer service line that they were ~90 sets short from being able to fill all the orders and that accounted for what was ordered on Amazon. I am guessing they listed their entire stock of 42009's on their website and Amazon at the same time. Since they all sold out so fast the Yoyo.com direct orders got into the processing queue first and they decided to just cancel the Amazon orders instead of reordering enough sets at a loss to handle the Amazon sales.

Normally any seller would cringe at the hit they would take from cancelling 90 Amazon orders. But yoyo = quidsi = Amazon, so they dgaf.

1 hour ago, DadsAFOL said:

Normally any seller would cringe at the hit they would take from cancelling 90 Amazon orders. But yoyo = quidsi = Amazon, so they dgaf.

its percentage. as long as its under 2.5% of your volume its ok. 

so for yoyo to cancel 90 orders they needed to have about 3000 orders in a rolling 30days. they most likely get more than 2X that orders from amazon. { some of the BP'ers are getting more than 100/day so that's equivalent to 3000/30days } which is not inconceiveable at all.

Edited by newbie77

27 minutes ago, newbie77 said:

its percentage. as long as its under 2.5% of your volume its ok. 

so for yoyo to cancel 90 orders they needed to have about 3000 orders in a rolling 30days. they most likely get more than 2X that orders from amazon. { some of the BP'ers are getting more than 100/day so that's equivalent to 3000/30days } which is not un-conceiveable at all.

It will be less than 90 orders actually if we are going by what I was told. They were 90 sets short and I think most  people  ordered more than 1. I know I did. What ticked me off was they cancelled my orders since they were out of stock. I said no problem, I would wait for delivery. They cancelled my orders anyway and when I complained the next day they said the  orders were all cancelled since this was all a pricing error due to a bug at Amazon. I asked  why did they tell me different the day before and why did they honor and deliver  the  orders through their website  and got no reply.  Talked  to  Amazon and was told they have no affiliaion with Yoyo or Quidsi. Also that  they have no control over 3rd party seller names when I pointed  out the "an Amazon Company" part of Yoyo's  name  on Amazon. I have seen Yoyo listing the 42009 for sale a $203 with no quantity limit on Tuesday and again for $228 today with a quantity  of 15 available but those  look to have now sold out.

I know mistakes happen and am usually very forgiving. I hate being lied to though, especially when it happens over and over. Combined with the lack of an apology or small offer of even a 5% off coupon makes me consider spening an hour filing a claim in small claims court.

Edited by Mcarm

44 minutes ago, Mcarm said:

It will be less than 90 orders actually if we are going by what I was told. They were 90 sets short and I think most  people  ordered more than 1. I know I did. What ticked me off was they cancelled my orders since they were out of stock. I said no problem, I would wait for delivery. They cancelled my orders anyway and when I complained the next day they said the  orders were all cancelled since this was all a pricing error due to a bug at Amazon. I asked  why did they tell me different the day before and why did they honor and deliver  the  orders through their website  and got no reply.  Talked  to  Amazon and was told they have no affiliaion with Yoyo or Quidsi. Also that  they have no control over 3rd party seller names when I pointed  out the "an Amazon Company" part of Yoyo's  name  on Amazon. I have seen Yoyo listing the 42009 for sale a $203 with no quantity limit on Tuesday and again for $228 today with a quantity  of 15 available but those  look to have now sold out.

I know mistakes happen and am usually very forgiving. I hate being lied to though, especially when it happens over and over. Combined with the lack of an apology or small offer of even a 5% off coupon makes me consider spening an hour filing a claim in small claims court.

not sure about what's the message you got when your order was cancelled but there is an option for sellers to choose "pricing error" as one of the reason at amazon. so if they did that then the email you got should have listed as the reason. if they did that then there is little recourse. 

if your order was @ yoyo.com and they cancelled the order citing lack of inventory (what does your cancellation email says) and selling later at a higher price then you do have a recourse and depends on how far you are willing to take. they would at the very least provide you with the difference of $$ value in next order for reasonable quantity of like 1 or 2. now if you have 5 or 10 with tax exemption as seller then i really doubt they would do anything.

@newbie77 - Order was on Amazon and the given reason was item being out of stock in each of my order cancellation messages.

@Alpinemaps - I would be inclined to agree with you upon reading all that seeing as 95% off screams pricing error. I did attempt a little due dilligence after placing my orders. Once my orders were confirmed and I was charged I contacted Yoyo  through Amazon messaging and recorded phone calls that the orders were legit and there was no pricing error. The pricing error was only mentioned when I inquired about why the were selling the item again that they said they would never be relisting.

I am not going to sue, pursue or post about this further. I am honestly just amazed at how badly they handled this. I am glad to know they honored the sales for some. I might also be a little jealous that I didn't order on yoyo.com insead of Amazon. I won't admit to the jealousy though. I will hide that fact deep back in my brain where nobody will find it, next to the truth about how much I secretly love Kelly Clarkson's music.

• Like 1

I'm sorry if I come off as being harsh, but thank you for at least owning it.

I'm coming at it from the other side - if I were the one that screwed up my pricing, I'd like to have an opportunity to cancel and not be held to a 95% of sale.  And, I wouldn't want to have to offer a future discount or anything along those lines.

Sometimes, a mistake is just a mistake and we can all just move on.  I'm shocked that they are honoring any of the orders, but, I guess their business model says it's the thing to do.  My business model doesn't say that, though.

• Like 2

On 12/3/2015 at 11:59 PM, Phil B said:

In other news: The TRU ebay 2x shipment saga continues: Lady at TRU Marketplace told me to send it back, would send me return label so I could drop it off at UPS. But no return label in my email so far ..... curious where this is going to end :)

Getting back to this one - received not 1 but 2 shipping labels on 12/5. Printed one and returned the extra Chima Phoenix Fire Temple to TRU. It arrived yesterday (12/9). Guess what I have in my inbox now - a refund of the payment "because item has been returned". Ethics be darned ... I'm just not going through the hassle of explaining all this to them over the phone .... guess I got a free Phoenix Fire Temple on BF ... yay for me.

Edited by Phil B
  • Like 1

Similar situation for me from target. Usps dropped off a package at 7am this morning. Opened it up to find the 2 Ghosts I ordered stuffed in a box. 1 flat & 1 diagonal. Both crushed b/c the box was too small for them to both lay flat. Called CS to get replacements & they are expediting 2. Not sure what I'm supposed to do with original 2, but CS hold time was 30 min.

I don't even know what's happening with one of my BF orders from LEGO Shop at Home anymore. It was a little over $100, I got 2 bad cop car chases, a pirates chess, and another small set along with the free GH. Lego never sends me tracking info so I never know what or when to expect. The full order came early last week despite my order status still saying "in warehouse". I figured their system was just slow and overwhelmed. Well I still haven't gotten charged for the full order. I did get an email saying the bad cop car chases were out of stock and cancelled. So now I only have a $41.99 charge for the chess set on my card and two days ago I got an email saying the chess set and GH had shipped. So weird. Waiting to see if I actually get the second chess set and GH. 

I've had this happen several times. Recently too. My Warehouse order goes to complete days after I've received it but the 2nd box never arrives. But you never know. I think I've read on here about people receiving the same order twice though.

I picked up my used 10030 today from USPS. Leaving it in the car until the lady goes to work in an hour. Then I will go through it to make sure it's as nice as I hoped and complete.

20 minutes ago, MarleyMoose said:

I've had this happen several times. Recently too. My Warehouse order goes to complete days after I've received it but the 2nd box never arrives. But you never know. I think I've read on here about people receiving the same order twice though.

Yeah I would normally just assume it's their system delaying updates but "cancelling" the bad cop car chases after I received them is what's odd to me. Fingers crossed they won't catch their mistake and I won't get charged for them I guess. 

On 12/7/2015 at 4:47 PM, justgod said:

Half my order did as well. They somehow think that a poly bag is going to provide any protection. Of course they are completely crushed. These will be returned and I will not be ordering from them again. Lesson learned.

I am really surprise you had a bad experience with Fleet/Farm.  I actually sent them a complement email last year praising their shipping department.  Got my order in today from them and once again the sets were packaged superbly.