My order status

• Replies 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I pulled the trigger on the exclusive sets available on BN.com and finally got myself a Slave 1.

Well, I just received my package. The box is apparently too small for the set. Whoever packed the package forced the big LEGO set into the packaging box so the entire box was creased up, corners dented and front curved in...

Anyone has better luck ordering big sets from BN.com?

8 RE from WM.com ...no factory outer boxes.  They put them in a box that would have been perfect for 8 boxes standing up, but they stood up 4, then mysteriously crammed the remaining 4 flat, which is slightly longer than 4 vertically (and too big for the shipping box, which was bent out and caused some damage).  22R5, and every box has a unit label sticker I need to take off.  I hope the rest of my RE don't have them, too.

well got another box from amazonUK today and low and behold, shipping box is crushed on all sides ... of course the contents was damaged ... seals on one side about to come off ...

because of the insane return shipping from Hawaii to UK and the absurd amount of the shipping cost theyre willing to refund, i opted for additional discount ... 20% off additional ... ah ... ill take it ...

My last two DS from AMZ came today.  One very nicely wrapped (albeit with the thinnest bubble wrap), and the other with nothing.  Both still had some minor damage, but I give them an A for effort.

GFKNK9d.jpg

Congrats! The box you have there looks pristine (at least the outer box).  I barely see a slight crease on the right flap and all the corners look to be perfect.  I guess either the Amazon warehouse that ships to you or the UPS guy in your area must love their job.

I returned 2 Red 5 to WM today.  One box was pancaked and had a small hole in it.  The second box took the brunt of the damage and had a 5 inch hole right through Yoda's face with a couple of the bags leaking bricks.  I don't know why the UPS even bothered to deliver it - who in their right mind would accept?  I would have complained to the driver but he didn't even ring the doorbell - I just noticed the boxes when I went to check the mail.

I returned 2 Red 5 to WM today.  One box was pancaked and had a small hole in it.  The second box took the brunt of the damage and had a 5 inch hole right through Yoda's face with a couple of the bags leaking bricks.  I don't know why the UPS even bothered to deliver it - who in their right mind would accept?  I would have complained to the driver but he didn't even ring the doorbell - I just noticed the boxes when I went to check the mail.

Seems pretty obvious why he didn't ring the doorbell... I have to say, I feel really good about Canada Post when I read these emails. I think we're getting ripped off but rarely does a box arrive in bad condition. In fact, the only boxes that have been remotely damaged where Amazon UK boxes delivered by DHL. When Canada Post delivers Amazon UK boxes they are always decent if not perfect.

Congrats! The box you have there looks pristine (at least the outer box).  I barely see a slight crease on the right flap and all the corners look to be perfect.  I guess either the Amazon warehouse that ships to you or the UPS guy in your area must love their job.

Hah, this one was an exception.  I had to return half of my last batch of a dozen PS, because they were in really rough shape with popped seals, etc.  Sorry to hear about the Red 5s :(

Got a SOH today from Target. The shipping box was obliterated. One end was smashed in like other boxes had been stacked on top of it will standing on its end. The box was mostly opened with the tape ripped. I thought it would be a disaster. The SOH box? Pristine. Not a scratch. Miracles happen.

I usually ask for a discount rather then return.  Sounds like everyone else returns them.

how do you go about that? amazon is not even responding to my complaints anymore. i got maybe one discount in the lifetime of my account. half the spaceports and 1/5 explorer ships flogged. they sent replacements i didnt request and without my approval when all i wanted was a discount. gonna have to take it out cc i suppose as im not paying for return shipment.

Edited by jerryherb

how do you go about that? amazon is not even responding to my complaints anymore. i got maybe one discount in the lifetime of my account. half the spaceports and 1/5 explorer ships flogged. they sent replacements i didnt request and without my approval when all i wanted was a discount. gonna have to take it out cc i suppose as im not paying for return shipment.

online chat.  you can tell them it is probably easier to just give a partial refund then paying to ship the set back then shipping a new one. 

Got the 10228 Haunted House last night from Amazon that I order maybe 2 weeks back.  The box was opened previously.  The seal was tampered with so I opened it up to check.  2 bags missing from 21 bags (1 bag 2 and 1 bag 3).  Lego is shipping the missing parts to me after I gave them a call.  I couldn't get myself to return it after HH made so much money for me this year.  After talking to Amazon on chat, they gave me 30% off.  I may end up building it in October then sell it after.

• Like 2

So... what happened to those WVM showing up on Amazon several days back?

Well, I received my supposedly brand new item but was super surprised that it appears to be a Warehouse Deal item. It got several stickers over some barcode areas. The seals appear to be once broken and taped back with wide clear Scotch tape... On top of that, the box was as damaged as the other 'real' Warehouse Deal item shipped in the same packaging box. This is some sort of mistake that I would not have anticipated with Amazon... but yeah, WTH?

Just got an email from Minifigures Plus that the series 14 shipments will be hanging strips and not boxes. Anyone have any experience with the hanging strips? They say it's the same distribution

I'm wondering if this means that there will still be 3 complete sets of minifigures or not...

So remember a month back when Amazon.uk had the City Space and Sea Exploration vessel on sale initially... well I ordered 5 of each and have yet to receive any of them.  They shipped all the space ones together and they got lost.  Amazon.uk is sending out a new dispatch.  The 5 sea vessels were shipped separately but at the same time and they're all lost and Amazon.uk says to wait 5 more days.

Is this a rare occurrence?  I tend to have bad luck and was wondering if it's happened to any other BPers before?  Saving $10 might not warrant the headache of constantly checking order status and waiting for deliveries.