My order status

• Replies 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had 2 Mirkwood Elf Armies shipped to me recently from LEGO Shop at Home (cashed in a few VIP and got em ~20% off). When they arrived, the outer shipping box was more or less mint, no apparent crushing or anything. Open it up, pull out my 2 sets, quick inspection appears like 2 mint sets. Then I double checked seals; one seal on one of the two sets has been popped; but it looks like it was popped a long long time ago. The glue on the backside of the seal is covered in dust and 'warehouse' grime, which implies it had popped before it was picked and shipped. Is this at all usual for TLG?? Every single other order I've placed with them has been perfect condition.

Ultimately it's no big deal, as I think my end goal for these is parting out which means opening the set anyway. However, if it's not very common, I'm wondering if I should try and complain for a few bonus VIP points or something? Would any of you bother, or just suck it up given my end goal? 

Would any of you bother, or just suck it up given my end goal? 

Let it go, save your karma for when you have a problem you really need them to fix. My two mystery machines shipped from Kmart. Assuming they really are mystery machines. Edit: paragraph breaks would be so nice...
  • Like 1

Just got the quinjet set from amazon.  Looks like someone drop kicked the box.  I can't remember the last time I have received a set that hasn't come damaged.

Ended up going with a 20% partial refund.  I didn't have any boxes to ship the set back and they didn't have any replacements either.  Figured that was my best option.

Edited by stackables

KMart erred in my favor.  After Target cancelled my Scooby plane, I went looking for another source.  I had $10 in SYW rewards and there was a coupon for $10 in SYW rewards for spending $50.  So I decided to order 3 planes and use SYW points to get it down to $50 exactly and replenish my $10.  Today the box arrived, in perfect shape, and there were 7 sets in ther, not just the 3 I ordered.  The packing slip says quantity 7, but the cost shown is for 3. No idea what happened, but not going to question it.  It makes up for all the pancakes I've had delivered from them.  

I'll likely give a couple (or equivalent sets if these end up being at all scarce) to toys for tots this fall so I dont abuse the good karma :)

• Like 3

I'm waiting for two squished MMs from Kmart. I'll report on condition and hope I'm wrong, but the UPS details list 1.3 pounds and 2 packages. Sounds like Tyvek envelopes and Shaggy pancakes. 

That last part doesn't sound appetizing at all. 

I received my MMs and Planes from KMart in various levels of distress, but not too bad.  They actually shipped my MMs in the LEGO factory container, 4 per box.

• Like 1

My first LEGO purchase was a bust. I went to Walmart today to pick up my 2 PCs and a Ecto-1 that I ordered online. The PCs were in a Lego box but both were damaged. One was ripped on the side and had loose tape (maybe a return), both were also damaged from other boxes crushing it. I ended up returning them on the spot which turned out to be a hassle as the lady had to try 4x to issue the refund. The Ecto was perfect so at least I got that.

I ended up ordering a Death Star at Target today so I'll report on that once I receive it.

• Like 1