My order status

• Replies 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Odd occurrence happened to me compared to other's status updates... I placed an order around this time yesterday for SAH Canada, thinking expected may 7th shipping, I'd be back home for delivery. A few hours later, reports on here showed up of it being in stock; I started worrying it would ship and arrive before anyone was home to claim it, and went to check order status. It had been cancelled! Not back ordered, not in warehouse. Now it's back to May 7th. I've placed another order... Did I just place my first order while their site glitched? Anyone else have this happen with their PSs?

All of my Amazon UK orders so far have arrived in excellent to mint condition.  It's all about the quality of cardboard they are shipping in IMO. The thickness of the cardboard boxes put Walmart and Amazon to shame.   Nothing special about the packing material either.  It is fascinating how these large boxes can cross an ocean and come in perfect condition no matter the carrier. 

That being said, I probably just jinxed myself.

My order from Apr 9 still showing as back order.

Ordered 2 yesterday while it was "Available" and now it saids Waiting for new stock. Must be a glitch that PC and PS were available yesterday.

​I hope not. That would be seriously annoying... Mine is still "In Warehouse"

My second order placed yesterday went to delayed saying there are out of stock. My first order from 4/7 went to in warehouse today.  Yay!

​Ugh we can't edit our posts?  Swype turned "they're" into "there" and it's irritating me!!!!

Weird, I *can* edit this post but I can't edit the post I'm quoting?  I posted the quote from my phone but that shouldn't prevent me from editing it!

Edited by paladyr

​Ugh we can't edit our posts?  Swype turned "they're" into "there" and it's irritating me!!!!

Weird, I *can* edit this post but I can't edit the post I'm quoting?  I posted the quote from my phone but that shouldn't prevent me from editing it!

Editing works fine on my iPhone Safari. Maybe a glitch? Restart?

• Like 1

​There is a 30 minutes window for editing posts after they are posted.  You tried to edit 36 minutes after that post was posted, so the editing window had passed

• Like 2

PS I ordered yesterday also shipped today.  x2 PS from 4/15 still pending.  

Are there any industries that would purposely employ a Last In First Out standard when taking orders?  From an inventory management perspective this would make sense but for processing orders???  I have experienced this many times with LEGO Shop at Home but each time it is still hard to believe...

Could they just be pulling hard copies of orders from a giant stack and new orders go to the top?

orders.jpg

My PS order from yesterday when they were in stock shipped out less than 24 hours after it was placed.

I think the LIFO is strictly because LEGO wants their money now.

When you sell something you have in stock, you instantly get the money.  Goes out in 1 box.

When you sell something backordered, you have to wait to get the money, hold on the card, authorize the payment when it gets back in stock, send a freebie out in a separate envelope, then the card doesn't work and you have to get CS to contact the customer for different payment.  Stock is sitting around waiting for this.

My Amazon.de race car order got here quickly. However, they piled all 4... not only the shipping box busted during shipping, the bottom one was flattened. The other 3 have some damages to the box but I can work with that. Wrote to them and got quick response. I was offered 25 euro or a free replacement. Of course, a free replacement is monetarily better than 25 euro. But I'm just wondering if taking that will get me bad record with them. Any ideas?