My order status

For all the box enthusiasts I thought I would share what a set looks like after its been sold by Amazon, returned to Amazon, salvaged out to Genco, sold to another company, then processed for wholesale (of which it was under a few water filtration systems and pool pumps lol)

cracked her open and everything was perfect and sealed. Just the way I like it.

How much did she set you back?

• Replies 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Omg I hate you lol

Its changed a lot though.  2-3 years ago I could get SSD, IS, TB, DS, Mindstorms all day long , usually 1 or 2 per pallet that I picked.  Now its slim chances they come up.  I'm not really buying it for the LEGO to begin with, just happens to be a bonus that I like which makes it a little more fun and less of a job.

I used to pay 28-30% back then but there was a ton more good stuff and the product looked a whole lot better visually.

Now I pay 8-13% depending on the time of year and the stuff looks like crap on the outside  but overall inside its fine.  

It will get to the point where they take to much and then the lesser product doesn't move at all and then it will shift back.  There's only so much you can keep taking and putting on AWD and such.  From what it sounds like from the posters the past week now they are putting AWD quality stuff on regular Amazon.  

Its not just LEGO so if there doing it on that there doing it on other products as well.  Once customers complain they're getting beat up stuff when buying new then it will get looked into and so forth.  

Most all the distribution loads now are AWD stuff that doesn't sell as they tried doing to many things on there. They'll give it a shot trying to get a higher percentage and then give up if it doesn't sell and wind up salvaging it.   DC loads used to just be the box damage that happened on the warehouse floors.  

Its changed a lot though. 2-3 years ago I could get SSD, IS, TB, DS, Mindstorms all day long , usually 1 or 2 per pallet that I picked. Now its slim chances they come up. I'm not really buying it for the LEGO to begin with, just happens to be a bonus that I like which makes it a little more fun and less of a job.

I used to pay 28-30% back then but there was a ton more good stuff and the product looked a whole lot better visually.

Now I pay 8-13% depending on the time of year and the stuff looks like crap on the outside but overall inside its fine.

It will get to the point where they take to much and then the lesser product doesn't move at all and then it will shift back. There's only so much you can keep taking and putting on AWD and such. From what it sounds like from the posters the past week now they are putting AWD quality stuff on regular Amazon.

Its not just LEGO so if there doing it on that there doing it on other products as well. Once customers complain they're getting beat up stuff when buying new then it will get looked into and so forth.

Most all the distribution loads now are AWD stuff that doesn't sell as they tried doing to many things on there. They'll give it a shot trying to get a higher percentage and then give up if it doesn't sell and wind up salvaging it. DC loads used to just be the box damage that happened on the warehouse floors.

Wow that's really interesting and it sounds fun since you can think of it as a grab bag type of deal

For all the box enthusiasts I thought I would share what a set looks like after its been sold by Amazon, returned to Amazon, salvaged out to Genco, sold to another company, then processed for wholesale (of which it was under a few water filtration systems and pool pumps lol)

cracked her open and everything was perfect and sealed.  Just the way I like it.

Looks better than half the warehouse deals I receive.

• Like 1

Wow that's really interesting and it sounds fun since you can think of it as a grab bag type of deal

It is a lot of fun, lots of work too lol , lots of heavy lifting but I do enjoy it.

Back when Target was powered by Amazon was the glory days.

To bad BP didn't exist then.  

IMHO I think anyone who thinks there will be another modular with GG like returns might be delusional.

I don't know we stocked up on GG 18 mos after retirement in the $280-$300 shipped range on ebay. After 12 months even FB is already beating that. Once supplies dwindle all modulars have performed very well. GG has been retired 4 years and is just now hitting $1k.  I am sure TH will be there in much less time. 

Edited by asharerin
  • Like 1

Well today (or yesterday) more Red Five's came in from Toys R Us.

They left them again in the Lego 2 pack boxes which was great.

Amazing the seal code is now 21R3 that is about May 20th 2013.

This thing was released for sale on May 4th 2013 if I remember right.

I think as Toys R Us is emptying out they are moving from 27R13 to 21R13 in the back of their stock.

Target sent a max order 5 pack in a single box tight fit and they all came out perfect.  I was expecting a disaster as I ordered it that way before seeing BA's note. Happy.  Code 27R3.