My order status

• Replies 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very weird transaction at SAH. I called when the Masters Builders Academy was "call to check". Got on the phone when the CS rep told me it was out of stock. So I said thanks and hung up. 20 minutes later an email comes through with an order for MBA. So I called and told the next CS rep what happened. She examined it and said it was a mistake. Was slated to ship to my old address and zero payment info listed. She says "it will never ship since no payment info listed". Never got a shipping email but just was looking at my orders and it's been shipped due to arrive tomorrow to my old address. Pretty weird happenings. Shocked they actually shipped it when nobody ever paid for it.

Same thing happened when I called about AA few days ago. Doubt it shows up though! Don't they store CC numbers in VIP account?

I have a few different CC on file but they can't legally just charge you for something when you don't actually put an order in. It was a mistake that the CS rep made. I can't imagine they are shipping an empty box?

A few folks were skeptical about the TH Amazon deal last week.  $369 all-in (free 2-day prime shipping).  Just showed up today!  Perfect box, the best TH box I've gotten yet.   :)     For the record, has 38R4 seal.

the skepticism comes from characterizing paying 84.5% over MSRP as a "deal".

the skepticism comes from characterizing paying 84.5% over MSRP as a "deal".

I understand some will never pay over MSRP for any lego set.  Fair enough.  A set is worth what's its worth.  I'll buy every single TH that shows up for under $370 right now.  It's an immediate $75 QFLL if you desire, or a hold for what I think will be a good $500-$600 set within 12 months.  I also think it's on a  GC trajectory for pricing, given the out-of-order EOL and the relative lack of hoarding compared to GE/FB.  YMMV.

I do think when a deal on a large, exclusive set shows up on Amazon Prime at roughly 25% below what all other comparable sales are selling at, that such information may be of interest to those here in the Daily Deals thread.  If I'm mistaken in this, and folks only want to know about sets selling below MSRP, I'll happily refrain from posting.  This is a great forum, and I don't want to ruin the vibe, by any means.

TH has exceeded GC performance in the first 3 months since EOL.  That means squat for the future of course, but it's a data point.  Compare TH to FB.  The lack of inventory for TH is a very good sign for future performance.  TH is already well over FB, which went EOL over a year earlier.

I understand some will never pay over MSRP for any lego set. Fair enough. A set is worth what's its worth. I'll buy every single TH that shows up for under $370 right now. It's an immediate $75 QFLL if you desire, or a hold for what I think will be a good $500-$600 set within 12 months. I also think it's on a GC trajectory for pricing, given the out-of-order EOL and the relative lack of hoarding compared to GE/FB. YMMV.

I do think when a deal on a large, exclusive set shows up on Amazon Prime at roughly 25% below what all other comparable sales are selling at, that such information may be of interest to those here in the Daily Deals thread. If I'm mistaken in this, and folks only want to know about sets selling below MSRP, I'll happily refrain from posting. This is a great forum, and I don't want to ruin the vibe, by any means.

I understand your thinking to a degree but where exactly are you selling the set once you purchase it? If you are planning on re-listing at Amazon or EBay I don't see how you plan on getting "an easy $75". You realize by selling at even $475 you are gonna get hammered with fees and then add in shipping and you will probably break even. If you sell at Amazon for $465.00 you pay $72 in fees.

I understand your thinking to a degree but where exactly are you selling the set once you purchase it? If you are planning on re-listing at Amazon or EBay I don't see how you plan on getting "an easy $75". You realize by selling at even $475 you are gonna get hammered with fees and then add in shipping and you will probably break even. If you sell at Amazon for $465.00 you pay $72 in fees.

Yeah I agree, I think $370 is high especially if you have quick flipping it in mind

For all the box enthusiasts I thought I would share what a set looks like after its been sold by Amazon, returned to Amazon, salvaged out to Genco, sold to another company, then processed for wholesale (of which it was under a few water filtration systems and pool pumps lol)

cracked her open and everything was perfect and sealed.  Just the way I like it.

post-40002-0-29503400-1422654818_thumb.j

post-40002-0-65610900-1422654820_thumb.j

post-40002-0-82171500-1422654824_thumb.j

post-40002-0-79955500-1422654826_thumb.j

• Like 1