My order status

if it shows tax then the person paid for it (either by gift card or credit-card) when the order was placed. it can't be VIP redemption.

i am more inclined to think:

a. the person who sold may not be the same person who bought or,

b. may be his fringe benefit is he don't have to pay for shipping. then in that case he barely broke even (add $15 to 89.60=$94.60 + $10 cash back).

99.99+tax= $105

selling price $85+6.99

after amazon fees : $78.1-$12(shipping cost) = $66.10

even if the person sold mini-cooper for 30$ (high value). after commission and shipping its only $23.50

total = $66.10+$23.50=$89.60

clearly in the hole for at least $10 if (person paid for = person selling)

there are/were cheaper ways to get mini-mini cooper .. i think they were @ $13-$15 at one point...

Yep, I have no idea how this worked for them.  It worked ok for me.

The invoice did match the seller's shipping name and address, so I think they bought it in August/September or whenever that was.  I have no idea why they listed it that low?

• Replies 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Recieved an e-mail with  pushback on the refund I thought I was approved for yesterday (on Amazon Chat) for the 2 HE's I purchased a few days ago...Basically wanting proof.  Decided to call this time.  After a few minutes and several mentions of "my" screen shots... refund is in order...$111.90 is worth the effort in my book.

Two HE's from amazon bought yesturday, shipped.  Interestingly it was two separate orders place within a couple min, but they are shipping from two different locations (TN and IN).  Not sure what is going on with their inventory.  Is this just fall out from the Dock workers strike, and inventory is slowly trickling in as it frees up?  Or maybe amazon is buying up inventory that was intended for smaller retailers, that canceled orders due the strike?  I am also not sure why it would make any sense for LEGO to ship through CA to IN or TN, so maybe the second scenario is more likely. 

what ever is going on this may not be the end of the HEs flowing in.

Edited by jay4e

Two HE's from amazon bought yesturday, shipped.  Interestingly it was two separate orders place within a couple min, but they are shipping from two different locations (TN and IN).  Not sure what is going on with their inventory.  Is this just fall out from the Dock workers strike, and inventory is slowly trickling in as it frees up?  Or maybe amazon is buying up inventory that was intended for smaller retailers, that canceled orders due the strike?  I am also not sure why it would make any sense for LEGO to ship through CA to IN or TN, so maybe the second scenario is more likely. 

what ever is going on this may not be the end of the HEs flowing in.

This is just simply how their inventory works. New shipments coming from suppliers are spread out to their network of warehouses. Your orders took the last unit from one WH and the next unit from the next closest location that had any qty in stock.

It's is also how customer returns work, so a lot of the items you see as "backordered, order now" are just single units that are enroute to an AZ WH from a customer.

Me too, I bought 6 total last week and they price matched them all to yesterdays price :)  Pretty happy with that one!   I had two more ordered but they cancelled them and said it was because I bought to many recently (I was on my 8th day)  I complained and they agreed to price match the next ones I bought from amazon...guess I need to wait for some more if they appear at any price to get a couple more at the $96 mark.  7 on my stock so far :)    Good times!

The walmart i picked mine up from would only let me order 3. When i went to pick them up there were 6 on shelf. I asked assistant mngr if he would sell me more at same price and he went and got a scanner to check to see how much breathing room he had on the price. Interestingly the $48.99 price is their cost, but he said he might still work w me on price.

Back in late September, I placed an order at LEGO Shop at Home for a VW T1 that included the free promos at the time... chima polybag, classic space mini-fig, and the mini VW van polybag. Forgot to track it, and by the time I realized that it should be arriving soon, FedEx said it was 'delivered' 4 days prior.

I had seen no sign of it, of course. A few calls to FedEx were not helpful. Our neighbors that share our duplex said they saw a package on the front porch the day FedEx claimed it was delivered, so I wrote it off as stolen. Even watched ebay and craigslist for a week afterwards thinking the T1 super/mini combo might show up. No sign of it.

To add insult to injury, by the time I realized the package was missing all of the promos were out of stock. No chance to re-order. I was really looking forward to the mini VW van, too.

Well, tonight it showed up. Four. Months. Later. :-)

The woman who dropped it off said it was mis-delivered to her house a few doors down, and she forgot about it.

I've never been so surprised and happy to see a box with the LBRI label!

• Like 1

Back in late September, I placed an order at LEGO Shop at Home for a VW T1 that included the free promos at the time... chima polybag, classic space mini-fig, and the mini VW van polybag. Forgot to track it, and by the time I realized that it should be arriving soon, FedEx said it was 'delivered' 4 days prior.

I had seen no sign of it, of course. A few calls to FedEx were not helpful. Our neighbors that share our duplex said they saw a package on the front porch the day FedEx claimed it was delivered, so I wrote it off as stolen. Even watched ebay and craigslist for a week afterwards thinking the T1 super/mini combo might show up. No sign of it.

To add insult to injury, by the time I realized the package was missing all of the promos were out of stock. No chance to re-order. I was really looking forward to the mini VW van, too.

Well, tonight it showed up. Four. Months. Later. :-)

The woman who dropped it off said it was mis-delivered to her house a few doors down, and she forgot about it.

I've never been so surprised and happy to see a box with the LBRI label!

Great story. I am hoping some day UPS delivers my lost 100lb Edsal shelf.  It went missing months ago.