10218 - Pet Shop

legoaddiction

When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?  

466 members have voted

1. 1. When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?

4 minutes ago, Manse1001 said:

Couldn't see the reference to August?

us site - you have to click on the item so you can see the detailed description.

interesting news... or just attempt to cut down on phone call questions.  still at amazon for now.

• HARD TO FIND

Creator

Pet Shop

• Item: 10218
  •  
  •  
  • Ages:16+
  •  
  • VIP Points: 149
  • Pieces:2032
  •  
  • Temporarily out of stock

We're sorry that this set is not available. Please check back in August for product availability.

Price $149.99

Tags

Edited by cladner

Just an FYI to this forum:

I recently purchased a Pet Shop modular from Amazon because there's no availability anywhere else.  I don't know where Amazon gets their stock of this item, because what I received was in such poor condition, I took pictures and laughed at what I saw.  All the factory seals have been cut.  The box has a lot of damage on the outside, and both sides have been covered with packing tape.  Whoever re-sealed it with packing tape did a REALLY sloppy job, too.  I didn't even bother opening it to see if anything was missing (such as minifigs).  Double-checked the listing to make sure it says "new item", which it does.

After opening the box and seeing what they sent, I immediately boxed it back up and requested a return.  They will be sending me another one for replacement...I'm hoping it will not be as bad as this...*sheesh*.  I'll report back to let all of you know if I get another 'lemon' as a replacement from Amazon.

20160330_205441_resized.jpg

20160330_205453_resized.jpg

20160330_205624_resized.jpg

I haven't been in the biz very long but I don't see them rushing to retire this set anytime soon. I think it will be around until 2017. They might stop producing them before 2017 but i think this set was way over produced and will be sitting on shelfs for awhile. 

I do however think that PS and PC will disappear at same time.

With that said I own 2 PS and 0 PC so I hope Im very wrong.

On 3/31/2016 at 11:49 PM, Porkibear said:

I recently purchased a Pet Shop modular from Amazon because there's no availability anywhere else.  I don't know where Amazon gets their stock of this item, because what I received was in such poor condition, I took pictures and laughed at what I saw.  All the factory seals have been cut.  The box has a lot of damage on the outside, and both sides have been covered with packing tape.  Whoever re-sealed it with packing tape did a REALLY sloppy job, too.  I didn't even bother opening it to see if anything was missing (such as minifigs).  Double-checked the listing to make sure it says "new item", which it does.

After opening the box and seeing what they sent, I immediately boxed it back up and requested a return.  They will be sending me another one for replacement...I'm hoping it will not be as bad as this...*sheesh*.  I'll report back to let all of you know if I get another 'lemon' as a replacement from Amazon.

That must have been an Amazon warehouse deal or a 3rd party selling at a discount with damaged merchandise.  If you paid anywhere near full price of $149.99, then that's a return.

The sticker is similar to what I've received on Amazon warehouse deals at a discount off MSRP.

On 3/31/2016 at 11:49 PM, Porkibear said:

That's pretty bad, but speaking for myself, I got one on Amazon a couple weeks back and the box was in new condition.

I've seen those white square labels most often from 3rd party sellers on Amazon. Every Lego set I've got from a 3rd party has had inventory stickers all over it like that, and the boxes have been drop kicked a few times, with immaculate shipping boxes. 

That's not a 3rd party sticker. 3rd party/FBA stickers will state the product name and are placed over the factory barcodes.

On 4/4/2016 at 2:16 PM, michael sater said:

That's pretty bad, but speaking for myself, I got one on Amazon a couple weeks back and the box was in new condition.

I'm getting my replacement Pet Shop tomorrow.  I'm not going to get my hopes up, but crossing my fingers I get a good box.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...