10218 - Pet Shop

legoaddiction

When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?  

466 members have voted

1. 1. When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?

If they still make it it´s due to demand. How many people will still buy it at a premium over RRP is anyone´s guess but I imagine it will crack 200 USD fairly soon after EOL. Where it will go from then will tell us a lot about the future of modular investment.

I hope a few more come into stock!  I want one for building.  Made the idiotic mistake that I could wait for my next paycheque and pick this up in the second week of double VIP.

:jester:

And, yes, I know it's been around for several years, but my interest in building modulars is a recent revelation.

Edited by Codes

4 minutes ago, Codes said:

I hope a few more come into stock!  I want one for building.  Made the idiotic mistake that I could wait for my next paycheque and pick this up in the second week of double VIP.

:jester:

And, yes, I know it's been around for several years, but my interest in building modulars is a recent revelation.

May there be thousands more like you once it has indeed gone EOL!

• Like 5

Granny tells you to buy PS because it it TOOS and may not be around much longer, it's time to buy more lotto tickets because you will have more of a chance making a score. I swear I saw a retired women and a middle aged women swooping on a load of half priced Green Lanterns and squeaking about ebaying them. I really took that to be the writing on the wall.

3 minutes ago, Alfiepops said:

Granny tells you to buy PS because it it TOOS and may not be around much longer, it's time to buy more lotto tickets because you will have more of a chance making a score. I swear I saw a retired women and a middle aged women swooping on a load of half priced Green Lanterns and squeaking about ebaying them. I really took that to be the writing on the wall.

What so grown men in Star Wars shirts know more since middle age woman can't make investments or something? 

Fact- more woman graduate from college and more are accepted into universities.

but I guess you know more...

27 minutes ago, Salimr said:

What so grown men in Star Wars shirts know more since middle age woman can't make investments or something? 

Fact- more woman graduate from college and more are accepted into universities.

but I guess you know more...

WHAT? Because I am making an observation about the extent of LEGO investing in my area you think you can make a slur comment like that. Well for one you are right. I do own a Star Wars T-shirt and two you are also right that women also graduated from college. In fact some of the best lecturers who taught me during my Masters degree where actually women. My wife is also 5th level educated. Can't really see what you are getting at. Sorry if you feel i'm threatening your investment but my point was that more and more people are trying to invest in Lego and they are being lazy by dipping into forums like this one and skimming off the good advise giving by generous members and feel they are now wanting to cash in. I hope your aggression and belligerence doesn't travel beyond the pages of the internet. But really just go with what your are happy with.

Edited by Alfiepops

12 minutes ago, Alfiepops said:

WHAT? Because I am making an observation about the extent of LEGO investing in my area you think you can make a slur comment like that. Well for one you are right. I do own a Star Wars T-shirt and two you are also right that women also graduated from college. In fact some of the best lecturers who taught me during my Masters degree where actually women. My wife is also 5th level educated. Can't really see what you are getting at. Sorry if you feel i'm threatening your investment but my point was that more and more people are trying to invest in Lego and they are being lazy by dipping into forums like this one and skimming off the good advise giving by generous members and feel they are now wanting to cash in. I hope your aggression and belligerence doesn't travel beyond the pages of the internet. But really just go with what your are happy with.

I'm not angry or anything but you proved you could have made your point way better as you just did. Your comment would easily be read as negative as it was directed toward an exact age and gender group not the more educated comment you just made.

also not sure where you saw aggression in my post as I said nothing rude nor did I use any bad language. I was just making a comment based on what I see in this forum.

It doesn't like many UK investors are taking advantage of Double VIP points to hoard. The most popular large set on the UK site is GBHQ and PS is sitting outside the top 10, to me that says it's only really builders buying at the moment as surely no-one is going to be hoarding GBHQ so early.

16 minutes ago, Salimr said:

I'm not angry or anything but you proved you could have made your point way better as you just did. Your comment would easily be read as negative as it was directed toward an exact age and gender group not the more educated comment you just made.

also not sure where you saw aggression in my post as I said nothing rude nor did I use any bad language. I was just making a comment based on what I see in this forum.

No Worries. We are just on different wave lengths. I was just replying to your implications as they did feel a little scurrilous towards my ability to make observations on the diversity and the extent of LEGO investing in my neck of the woods as I don't even have a LEGO store in the country were I live, and also my ability to understand that women too have intelligence. Sorry that I even posted. Didn't mean to upset you.

Edited by Alfiepops
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alfiepops said:

No Worries. We are just on different wave lengths. I was just replying to your implications as they did feel a little scurrilous towards my ability to make observations on the diversity and the extent of LEGO investing in my next of the woods as I don't even have a LEGO store in the country were I live, and also my ability to understand that women too have intelligence. Sorry that I even posted. Didn't mean to upset you.

fbz_842c46b80d8bb5112ee71f7b712012e4.jpg

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Average Guy said:

I for one don't think a new box design will help resale value of any kit including Pet Shop. Do you build with a box? Have you ever seen anyone display the kit box either sealed or opened? Well of course I mean, outside of the people here who are resellers and boastfully display sealed kit boxes for future resale. I've never seen any builder display an opened kit box.

I think the reason The Lego Group redesigns large scale Creator kit boxes is because the new redesigns are smaller in dimension. It saves shelf space and transposition costs.

And not to mention that from a production perspective it would be easier to have fewer size boxes. The printwork on the box is the easy part, the diferent sizes is where the production gets more expensive

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MarxMarvelous said:

A new box would either do nothing or it would hurt the value. It would only hurt the value indirectly as it wouldn't be the box itself at issue but the extended life that a new box signifies

I agree. Originally I read a post and thought someone was commenting that a new kit box might make the value increase, but after re-reading the post I see that the comment referred to a longer production because of a redesigned kit box. So my original comment didn't really add value to the topic. I really shouldn't post comments on virtually no sleep. I am just glad I wasn't watching television at that time or I might have been expecting deliveries from The Home Shopping Network, Timelife, or whatever Ron Popeil - Ronco is hocking at the moment. It happens...

there is no new box design of the Pet Shop.  just a "what if" discussion .

image.png

battle of the Undercutters is just getting underway as the alchemists try to turn plastic into gold  - there has been some furious penny pinching action just this evening looking at the brickpicker stock monitor.  If this is what the postEOL future holds, PS is going to make ToO look like a winner.

LATEST STOCK AND PRICING CHANGES

Edited by cladner
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, cladner said:

there is no new box design of the Pet Shop.  just a "what if" discussion .

battle of the Undercutters is just getting underway as the alchemists try to turn plastic into gold  - there has been some furious penny pinching action just this evening looking at the brickpicker stock monitor.  If this is what the postEOL future holds, PS is going to make ToO look like a winner.

LATEST STOCK AND PRICING CHANGES

Should I buy it now? Or wait an hour? Lol

• Like 2