10218 - Pet Shop

legoaddiction

When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?  

466 members have voted

1. 1. When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?

Just now, buidee said:

I couldn't take the risk but good luck to those that will.  

I am not willing to wish good luck to those that are helping facilitate scammers and credit card thieves.

5 minutes ago, MarxMarvelous said:

Sigh

i find that gif helps at times like these.

giphy.gif

F5 time hasn't even gotten started yet so no need to go out and get ripped off.

this might be just the first whiff of extinction.  or not.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, dcdfan said:

First and last time I ordered 3 sets on there, 2 came from Barnes and 1 came from Amazon...

Wait, I'm confused...so you did get the sets you ordered? Why the negativity about them? Just curious for my own benefit :)

Edited by michael sater

48 minutes ago, michael sater said:

Found a listing for $88 with free shipping. Seems too good to be true, but I ordered one. Looks like she has around ten available, along with a couple other sets.

http://www.bonanza.com/listings/LEGO-Creator-Pet-Shop-10218/327876660?st_id=18344363

What is bonanza and that def seems too good to be true...that same seller has a $75 MF and and a $65 IR...like the rest of you said...(not even) good luck but run. 

Edited by midbenne
sp

Would it be too much to ask Lego to just slap a "Sold Out" label (in red) on the set so we finally can think of doing away with it?  This set has been out longer than the Grand Emporium at this point.

I started building one of mine last weekend and I had no interest in modulars when I joined Brickpicker!

2 hours ago, michael sater said:

Found a listing for $88 with free shipping. Seems too good to be true, but I ordered one. Looks like she has around ten available, along with a couple other sets.

http://www.bonanza.com/listings/LEGO-Creator-Pet-Shop-10218/327876660?st_id=18344363

This looks like trouble.....The seller also has $75 Millennium Falcons and $65 Indominous Rex sets. 

10 minutes ago, Zelgazra said:

$75 Falcons could be legit with a $35 buy in.... the others are pretty questionable at best though, given reports on sales on those sets. As others have said, be weary. If it's too good to be true.... 

Yes but why would you? Those falcons also sell if you price them $99 or $110 .... Then again, the scam would also work if it was priced $99 or $110, perhaps less people would bite though, so all the more reasons to think this is indeed a scam - either taking money and leaving, or selling merchandise bought with stolen CCs.

Edited by Phil B

Here is my Opinion,

1. there is still in stock other than CA and US

2. US seems to be the latest for showing "RETIRING SOON" and "RETIRED" tag comparing with Europe

3. Recently, just like DS and Red 5, there should be "SOLD OUT" instead of "TOS" if it is going to be retired.

therefore, i think it will be back in stock in the coming future.

This is temporarily out of stock in U.S Shop @ Home now. Would this be another trap? or finally........gone? 

Can we please put this "trap" crap to rest? Can anyone document a verifiable instance of a retailer actually trying to "trap" resellerd? As I've said before, there's really no need to lay a trap since we generally make ourselves pretty easy to identify through our purchasing patterns.

18 hours ago, michael sater said:

Wait, I'm confused...so you did get the sets you ordered? Why the negativity about them? Just curious for my own benefit :)

The sets were "purchased" at Barnes and Amazon using stolen Credit Cards or other shady business. Then dropshiped to his address. By buying he indadvertedly contributed to criminal activity. This thread is not the place to rant about this but there is plenty of related discussion on BP that you might want to read. Just remember the easy rule of thumb: If it looks too good to be true, it is too good to be true. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, MathBuilder said:

The sets were "purchased" at Barnes and Amazon using stolen Credit Cards or other shady business. Then dropshiped to his address. By buying he indadvertedly contributed to criminal activity. This thread is not the place to rant about this but there is plenty of related discussion on BP that you might want to read. Just remember the easy rule of thumb: If it looks too good to be true, it is too good to be true. 

Oh, thanks. I feel bad now. I was trying to help and get advice, and I got hammered in the responses. Live and learn I guess.

4 hours ago, Crustybeaver said:

Is this sort of behaviour common?

Available at Target now...

Are you asking do I sometimes post links (in the appropriate thread) to the only available site to purchase an item online that some believe may finally be done? If so, the answer is yes. If we know something is done, I would most likely post in the Daily Deals...

http://www.target.com/p/lego-creator-pet-shop/-/A-13782395

Edited by dcdfan
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, redcell said:

Can we please put this "trap" crap to rest? Can anyone document a verifiable instance of a retailer actually trying to "trap" resellerd? As I've said before, there's really no need to lay a trap since we generally make ourselves pretty easy to identify through our purchasing patterns.

I know it was a typo, but that's what I'm calling the herd now... The resellerd strikes again! Sounds perfect!

• Like 3