10218 - Pet Shop

legoaddiction

When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?  

466 members have voted

1. 1. When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?

8 minutes ago, Sfcommando14 said:

There is an open one (complete with box) on CL by me for $100. I haven't started a modular collection but it is a future goal. Is this a no-brainier price?

Sure, MAYBE 90, but make sure it's all there and not too dirty and it's not a bad deal.

There is an open one (complete with box) on CL by me for $100. I haven't started a modular collection but it is a future goal. Is this a no-brainier price?

I would buy that right away at $100 if it is complete. You can not get it over 30% off without some serious magic or selling off promos.

On 2/6/2016 at 6:17 AM, Poly 30286 said:

Allow me to clarify. Do you think that potential of using PS to rebrick 10185 and 10182 will add to the demand for this set?

So you're wondering if using the common pieces from the PS towards a sand blue GG and part of a CC will boost it's demand? Are _any_ of the pieces that are common expensive or exceedingly rare if bought on Bricklink, etc? If yes, then maybe a little... if no, then not at all.

I'll say this as gently as possible, but that's a piece of research you should and could do on your own if you think it's possible. Otherwise, you're just asking a question blindly hoping someone has the answer for you.

But since you asked it in the right thread, and I've got some time.... FWIW my gut instinct tells me the answer is no. Aside from the $50 or so in Sand Blue bricks, there is not enough quantity of any of the other valuable parts to be worthwhile for parter-outers to acquire this set in bulk (not to mention the other valuable parts like the 2x4 light bley tiles aren't exactly rare or are likely to become rare). Also, anyone who is truly going to drive up the value of rare bricks wants the real thing, and not some knock-off even if it looks good. i.e. I'd have never paid $700 for a CC with substituted colors.

IMO The true value of modulars like PS is as a sealed set for those who decide to collect modulars later or expand their city without the hassle of bricklinking their own.

(in case anyone cares, the part-out value according to BL is roughly 2x MSRP as of this posting which is pretty typical .. most of the value is in those sand blue bricks and the larger plates. Next up is the dark blue bricks, the larger 1x16 bricks and the tiles that make up the street with a few odds and ends like 2 of the 2x3 slopes in red that can be used as subs for CC)

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Over the past few weeks I have seen all modulars except PS (and brick bank of course), available at TRU.com.  They seem to have finally received a massive shipment of exclusives. Did anyone see PS available?  also absent was Ewok Village.  Normally I would not put any stock in TRU availability but it is interesting to see everything available, except PS.

Edited by jay4e

49 minutes ago, jay4e said:

Over the past few weeks I have seen all modulars except PS (and brick bank of course), available at TRU.com.  They seem to have finally received a massive shipment of exclusives. Did anyone see PS available?  also absent was Ewok Village.  Normally I would not put any stock in TRU availability but it is interesting to see everything available, except PS.

EV was available for a while.  I ordered a pair from TRU.  They arrived yesterday in a LEGO carton.  2015 seal codes.  Mint.