10218 - Pet Shop

legoaddiction

When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?  

466 members have voted

1. 1. When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?

gff    

jgh    

^ Sorry about that garbage.

The PS has been available for 1664 days, second to the GE which was out 1687 days. The end may be near.

• Like 5

ms    10/24/07    04/14/09         538    days
cc    10/24/07    12/06/09         774    days
gg    03/05/08    11/08/09         613    days
fb    09/12/09    12/30/13        1570    days
ge    03/03/10    10/15/14        1687    days

ps    05/12/11    11/30/15        1664    days
th    03/03/12    10/04/14         945    days
pc    02/14/13    11/30/15        1020    days
pr    01/01/14    11/30/15         699    days
da    01/01/15    11/30/15         334    days

Edited by Follows Closely
added the red
  • Like 3

I was at the Potomac Mills, Virginia, BAM this morning, where one of the employees is newer, chatty, and not jaded from dealing with us reseller scum.  An AFOL was trying to get intel on the Red Fives and Death Star, and then conversation moved over to the Exclusives. I missed what she was saying regarding Tower Bridge versus Sydney Opera House, though I think she was pushing Tower Bridge as expected to go before SOH. However, the worst thing she said (I hope my ears deceived me) was that Pet Shop was being extended through next year. Something to the effect of with 2 having been retired last year and only 1 being added next year, TLG decided that they wanted to have more modulars around at the same time and so decided to extend it. If so, should we rename it Pet Star or Death Shop?

Edited by hockeyweasel
  • Like 1

On 06/12/2015, 06:59:26, hockeyweasel said:

I was at the Potomac Mills, Virginia, BAM this morning, where one of the employees is newer, chatty, and not jaded from dealing with us reseller scum.  An AFOL was trying to get intel on the Red Fives and Death Star, and then conversation moved over to the Exclusives. I missed what she was saying regarding Tower Bridge versus Sydney Opera House, though I think she was pushing Tower Bridge as expected to go before SOH. However, the worst thing she said (I hope my ears deceived me) was that Pet Shop was being extended through next year. Something to the effect of with 2 having been retired last year and only 1 being added next year, TLG decided that they wanted to have more modulars around at the same time and so decided to extend it. If so, should we rename it Pet Star or Death Shop?

If that's true, then PS will highly likely retire around November/December next year. Except if the demand for PS increases so much that TLG decides that the Palace Cinema is the better candidate for retirement. :P 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1 January 2016 at 0:36 AM, valenciaeric said:

Happy New Year again, Pet Shop. May you retire before the champagne goes flat.

Popped into my local Lego Store on the way home and saw a load of shiny PS.  staff said they were new shipment.  Seals were 49S5.  looks like they're still on the production line.  At this rate I think PC may be retired first!

8 minutes ago, LahH001 said:

Popped into my local Lego Store on the way home and saw a load of shiny PS.  staff said they were new shipment.  Seals were 49S5.  looks like they're still on the production line.  At this rate I think PC may be retired first!

Happy New Year to all and poop to PS investors!

• Like 1

I think the versatility of the PS being two separate buildingsmakes it a much more attractive buy for those looking for massive house rows, whereas the PC is a corner building with limited versatility (though I do like the style of it quite a bit). 

Based on this, I say PC goes first.