10218 - Pet Shop

legoaddiction

When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?  

466 members have voted

1. 1. When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?

14 minutes ago, asharerin said:

I always like to keep the freebies boxed away for a few years and bury them. This year I stumbled upon 100 of 40082 that I got when buying 10229 at the end of Oct 2013 from LEGO Shop at Home. Sold all of them for $60 on amazon and netted $50 each. 10229 did pretty well too :)

I personally think the Train is a special one. 

Better than the freebies from 2 years ago for example. But I take your point. 50$ is already a very good price

I think TLG know as well as anyone else that this year's demand was only there because of investors predicting eol. I would be shocked if this level of sales are sustained post Christmas if it survives the retirement period. Add to that the fact that there are 2 new modulars coming up of which the FH is MASSIVE.

This one is definitely going this year. But don't expect much returns on investment for a few years.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, fahadshahid said:

I think TLG know as well as anyone else that this year's demand was only there because of investors predicting eol. I would be shocked if this level of sales are sustained post Christmas if it survives the retirement period. Add to that the fact that there are 2 new modulars coming up of which the FH is MASSIVE.

This one is definitely going this year. But don't expect much returns on investment for a few years.

Who in his right mind would order another PS for investment if it really would be around for another year? There is enough damage done already.

31 minutes ago, fahadshahid said:

I think I missed something here...FH? Is that the ghostbuster set?

I can get PS for 20% off today as well as all other modulars. Think I´ll go for The Mine instead seeing as it is already retired and seems to be rather scarce.

A year ago I would have been jumping on option  A, how times change.

22 minutes ago, Crustybeaver said:

I love your bickering, you're like a married couple

I´m his black bounty, not his wife.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ED-209 said:

Every time I call lego CS,  I ask about this set and I'm told not to worry as there are no plans for 10218 retirement this year or next.

You can believe or disregard this information,  but I have been told this info on three occasions throughout the year.

Sadly, this seems to be looking more realistic by the day. The theory that the horde is its own worst enemy in driving up sales and increasing production runs is starting to gain more and more traction with me. I've been putting my investment dollars in lots of places, but not in modulars. If this doesn't sell out/retire in the next couple months, the horde might stop increasing their hoard?

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Veegs said:

Sadly, this seems to be looking more realistic by the day. The theory that the horde is its own worst enemy in driving up sales and increasing production runs is starting to gain more and more traction with me. I've been putting my investment dollars in lots of places, but not in modulars. If this doesn't sell out/retire in the next couple months, the horde might stop increasing their hoard?

when PS is chronically out of stock for months, it's all the horde's fault, they're going to keep making it.

when PS is chronically in stock for months at all retailers, it's all the horde's fault, they're making so many the horde can't buy them all, its never going to retire.

the horde is bored with PS, but no new box, its going soon.  

the horde is not snapping it up like it did with the GE last year.

it's all the horde's fault.

Also PS limit is back to 2 - though it was limit 5 a couple days ago. who knows if that means anything.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, valenciaeric said:

FH = Fire House - how hard can it be?

FH actually stands for at least one other set before it ever stands for Fire House. The last famous and almost still current one is Family House. (Also, Farnsworth House, but less popular)

But from your content, I did get you meant Fire House. Can't blame folks for the confusion.

• Like 1

No

Sorry, I meant Ghostbusters Firehouse Headquarters by FH being released on 1st January in Australia.