10218 - Pet Shop

legoaddiction

When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?  

466 members have voted

1. 1. When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?

A LEGO representative (from the UK office) called me back after my email inquiry about the availability of Pet Shop. He explained that the demand for Pet Shop had been rather high over the past one and a half months and stock has been depleted. He then told me new Pet Shop boxes will be produced once more when there's production capacity available again. This could be in a few weeks time, or in a few months from now. But he assured me with absolute certainty that I shouldn't worry and Pet Shop will become available again!

• Like 1

A LEGO representative (from the UK office) called me back after my email inquiry about the availability of Pet Shop. He explained that the demand for Pet Shop had been rather high over the past one and a half months and stock has been depleted. He then told me new Pet Shop boxes will be produced once more when there's production capacity available again. This could be in a few weeks time, or in a few months from now. But he assured me with absolute certainty that I shouldn't worry and Pet Shop will become available again!

The obvious nitpicking question is - new boxes or new design boxes?

Maybe the best strategy now is to believe exactly the opposite of what any lego employee says.

Edited by valenciaeric
  • Like 1

Before rapidly disappearing off to retire on a sunny street with other oldies such as Fire Brigade, Grand Emporium and Town Hall.

• Like 1

The obvious nitpicking question is - new boxes or new design boxes?

Maybe the best strategy now is to believe exactly the opposite of what any lego employee says.

I didn't specifically ask about new designed boxes. He obviously was talking about a new production run of the same Pet Shop set (whether in the 'old' box or in a redesigned box is yet to be seen). I did rephrase my question to specifically ask him again whether the Out of Stock status is just temporarily or whether it's not coming back any more, and he strongly certified to me that Pet Shop is NOT done yet and WILL come back. He was very clear about that.

I didn't specifically ask about new designed boxes. He obviously was talking about a new production run of the same Pet Shop set (whether in the 'old' box or in a redesigned box is yet to be seen). I did rephrase my question to specifically ask him again whether the Out of Stock status is just temporarily or whether it's not coming back any more, and he strongly certified to me that Pet Shop is NOT done yet and WILL come back. He was very clear about that.

They are all very definitive in what they say.......don't fall for it, they don't know.

• Like 3

Got one today from SAH.   Seal codes were 40R5.  Worse condition box I ever received from SAH.  Looks like someone worked hard to drop it on both ends or played gorilla crush with it.  The shipping box was in great condition though.  It was packed well.  Too bad they didn't take the extra minute and pick a nice box to put all that packing around.  But they did send me two trains under separate cover so I guess the wash it all comes out in. 

Edited by legoray01
spelling

The funny part of your post is that none of those sets are retired in the US.

...yet. What is longest that a set has been retired in one region before it moves to retired in another? Or, perhaps better to go from retired in one region to 'sold out' worldwide (and a real sold out, where it doesn't flicker in an out of stock). Six months or so? Anyone remember an example that was a lot longer?

...yet. What is longest that a set has been retired in one region before it moves to retired in another? Or, perhaps better to go from retired in one region to 'sold out' worldwide (and a real sold out, where it doesn't flicker in an out of stock). Six months or so? Anyone remember an example that was a lot longer?

In recent times, EEE. Mud is correct that I didn´t say "presumed" retired but I hope no one is waiting for the retired product tag to do their buying on these sets as they are likely done - seacow may need a sale in Europe to help it go away.

Perhaps its the fact that even "Sold Out" seems to be a fleeting temp status lately. It doesn't have the finality it used to. Items have been coming back from that status in the US these past few months. Perhaps we're becoming numb to what might truly be the retirement class of 2015. X-wing, Sea Cow, EEE. Orthanc.

Edited by mudcatsfan

Perhaps its the fact that even "Sold Out" seems to be a fleeting temp status lately. It doesn't have the finality it used to. Items have been coming back from that status in the US these past few months. Perhaps we're becoming numb to what might truly be the retirement class of 2015. X-wing, Sea Cow, EEE. Orthanc.

Something has to retire.  LEGO can't fit them all in their stores and warehouses.  We are entering prime EOL season.

• Like 2