10218 - Pet Shop

legoaddiction

When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?  

466 members have voted

1. 1. When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?

Well... when it comes to PR I still know some physical shops where I could find them. PS is not obtainable anymore outside of Lego. At least not at or below RRP. PC seems to have found the shops as well. 

So as Eric has said... PS is the prime candidate. Also due to the fact that no new box has been sighted (yet).

Wondering if I am satisfied with my stock of PS's now. Although it is not the best modular it certainly is not the worse. And after it is gone everybody will be like: A ship loaded with pure gold has sailed.

That would truly shake the foundations here, if Parisian Restaurant were suddenly and unexpectedly retired. Personally I don't see that happen. But stranger things have happened...

Sells too well.

Retirments so far have been predictable - ToO, red5, Sea cow. My bet on a surprise retirement this season is the Sandcrawler but I wouldn´t give it more than a 30% chance.

Well... when it comes to PR I still know some physical shops where I could find them. PS is not obtainable anymore outside of Lego. At least not at or below RRP. PC seems to have found the shops as well. 

So as Eric has said... PS is the prime candidate. Also due to the fact that no new box has been sighted (yet).

Wondering if I am satisfied with my stock of PS's now. Although it is not the best modular it certainly is not the worse. And after it is gone everybody will be like: A ship loaded with pure gold has sailed.

So which one is the worst? ;-)

I still haven't completely made my mind up whether or not to build one myself ^.^ it's okayish, but not as fancy as DO or PR... so either buying PR now and building it or buying another PS for myself ^^

I don't believe an exclusive has ever retired in the January to May time span, not in recent years anyway.

GE, FB and TH all officially retired in 1st Q but were sold out and never came back in q4 of the previous year. We are on 4 expected exclusive retirements for 2015 so far (EEE, ToO, Red 5, Sea cow) so expect at least a couple more as the average has been 6 and last year was an exception with 11 to compensate for only 3 in 2013.

I´m hoping for PS, DS and TB.

• Like 1

GE, FB and TH all officially retired in 1st Q but were sold out and never came back in q4 of the previous year. We are on 4 expected exclusive retirements for 2015 so far (EEE, ToO, Red 5, Sea cow) so expect at least a couple more as the average has been 6 and last year was an exception with 11 to compensate for only 3 in 2013.

I´m hoping for PS, DS and TB.

I don't care as long as DS retires...

Can anyone with one of the new Expert Creator Palace Cinema boxes confirm the seal codes. Also post your newest Pet Shop seal codes. If we can get a PS seal code thats more recent than one of the new box designs for PC it may be a strong indication that the PS isn't going to get a redesign.

Lets face it if the rumours of a 2016 return have any truth then surely the box would be getting redesigned to bring it in line with the other Expert Creator boxes.

Edited by Crustybeaver

Since the day Pet Shop availability was dropped from the LEGO Shop at Home site there is no more Pet Shop available in any retail store in The Netherlands either. Some retailers are listing Pet Shop already for exorbitant prices like €229 - €279 !

And resellers are listing it on the Dutch auction siteMarktplaats.

If supply is not re established soon, expect an instant turbo boost in sales to 200 euros followed by a post in this thread from Ciglione regretting not getting more, at around 250 euros the mass offloading will start and the value won´t rise much in a good while.

• Like 2

If supply is not re established soon, expect an instant turbo boost in sales to 200 euros followed by a post in this thread from Ciglione regretting not getting more, at around 250 euros the mass offloading will start and the value won´t rise much in a good while.

Don't forget the comments that will tell us this set is so over-hoarded that it won't rise much and that we're better off investing in other sets.

Edited by BearCrash

If I had a nickel for every time someone said I hope this is the last restock I would have no room in my house for Lego what with all the nickels everywhere. Would look like scrooge mcducks vault. But nickels