10218 - Pet Shop

legoaddiction

When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?  

466 members have voted

1. 1. When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?

Or they were withdrawn to be modified and repacked.....

I´m thinking that the PS´s and TB´s have also been pulled to sell to retail to fulfil prior orders and that both are done. We´ll see,

I called a local ToysXL yesterday to ask if they still have the PS. Few weeks ago I visited them to buy an AT-AT on sale and that time they still had a few PS on the shelves. Not anymore. They don't have the PS any more and no more restock either.

I called a local ToysXL yesterday to ask if they still have the PS. Few weeks ago I visited them to buy an AT-AT on sale and that time they still had a few PS on the shelves. Not anymore. They don't have the PS any more and no more restock either.

Which  ToysXL do you mean?

I think 10218 PS is going nowhere. Lego is playing a game and will make a statement by retiring something soon nobody expected. In the future, you will need to stock every stock after 1 year of release because you don't know what is going EOL. This is combination with the fact that stock updates (sold out, call to check product availability, TOOS) are not saying much anymore (i.e. at the moment 10240 X-Wing) then I come to the conclusion that you got to be pretty wealthy to stock up many many exclusives, or you just focus on a theme like modulars or SW and be patient.

It's just speculation from my side, what I think will happen. You can just have other opinions of course.

Edited by JM123

I think 10218 PS is going nowhere. Lego is playing a game and will make a statement by retiring something soon nobody expected. In the future, you will need to stock every stock after 1 year of release because you don't know what is going EOL. This is combination with the fact that stock updates (sold out, call to check product availability, TOOS) are not saying much anymore (i.e. at the moment 10240 X-Wing) then I come to the conclusion that you got to be pretty wealthy to stock up many many exclusives, or you just focus on a theme like modulars or SW and be patient.

It's just speculation from my side, what I think will happen. You can just have other opinions of course.

Companies that are as successful as TLG tend to make money, not statements.  PS may go or it may stay (I think it is going), but it won't be because TLG wanted to make a statement to one of the smallest slices of its consumer base (i.e., resellers).

• Like 5

Companies that are as successful as TLG tend to make money, not statements.  PS may go or it may stay (I think it is going), but it won't be because TLG wanted to make a statement to one of the smallest slices of its consumer base (i.e., resellers).

Besides that, wouldn't a bigger statement to resellers just be releasing updated versions of older sets? There are plenty of ways for LEGO to give the proverbial middle finger to resellers, retiring something randomly without reason can't be high on that list.

This is most likely the case. With the new Modular on the way, one is probably going. Only question is which one.

• Like 1