10218 - Pet Shop

legoaddiction

When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?  

466 members have voted

1. 1. When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?

Would suck really bad for us Europeans if people in the US and Canada had two weeks with double VIP to stock up on the remaining Pet Shop boxes, while it becomes sold out in Europe just before the double VIP promo starts here!

Why? The sooner it EOLS the better! We´ve had 4.5 years to make our number, after all.

• Like 2

Wondering ... I have a chance to get a new in unopened box Pet Shop for €160 (no shipping because nearby) from a Dutch seller. Should I go for it, or gamble that Pet Shop may become order-able again in LEGO LEGO Shop at Home ? 

With this set I'm not primarily interested in reselling it, but I don't really want to pay higher than MSRP for something now that I could have bought for plain MSRP just a few weeks ago. :P

Wondering ... I have a chance to get a new in unopened box Pet Shop for €160 (no shipping because nearby) from a Dutch seller. Should I go for it, or gamble that Pet Shop may become order-able again in LEGO LEGO Shop at Home ? 

With this set I'm not primarily interested in reselling it, but I don't really want to pay higher than MSRP for something now that I could have bought for plain MSRP just a few weeks ago. :P

Welcome to catch 22 lego investing! I suggest just getting a used one if it´s for you. Once it does EOL, prices will spike as people like you and resellers who missed their number jump in but I have doubts about its performance thereafter.

• Like 1

Welcome to catch 22 lego investing! I suggest just getting a used one if it´s for you. Once it does EOL, prices will spike as people like you and resellers who missed their number jump in but I have doubts about its performance thereafter.

Yes, I think you're right. It's been out for too long and too (geographically) wide for this set to be scarce enough for a big price increase after EOL. The earliest Advanced Modular sets weren't released in Europe (as far as I can tell from Brickset), so with limited availability and increasing demand from collectors their prices have surged. 

And I already missed too many Advanced Modulars to even contemplate on getting the entire street. Missing out on Pet Shop isn't the end of the world. I'll just make sure to get PC, PR, DO and BB (next year) and go from there. :)

Speaking of Brick Bank (BB)... Just read that the LEGO Shop at Home price in The Netherlands will be an outrageous €169,99 which is ridiculous compared to the much more acceptable €149,99 the Germans will pay for it. :( 

Yes, I think you're right. It's been out for too long and too (geographically) wide for this set to be scarce enough for a big price increase after EOL. The earliest Advanced Modular sets weren't released in Europe (as far as I can tell from Brickset), so with limited availability and increasing demand from collectors their prices have surged. 

And I already missed too many Advanced Modulars to even contemplate on getting the entire street. Missing out on Pet Shop isn't the end of the world. I'll just make sure to get PC, PR, DO and BB (next year) and go from there. :)

Speaking of Brick Bank (BB)... Just read that the LEGO Shop at Home price in The Netherlands will be an outrageous €169,99 which is ridiculous compared to the much more acceptable €149,99 the Germans will pay for it. :( 

Come on over to Germany to buy it ;-)

It'll be a fun trip (if you don't live that far away...) I drove over to "you" when there was 2 for 3 at Toys XL last year.

Depending on how much you want to get it might be worth it or maybe you can combine it with something else. (Visiting cologn or Essen (probably not Duesseldorf because they don't have a LEGO store)).

I'm not happy about LEGOs price games either... same price everywhere fair and square.

Anyhow, I'm still struggling whether or not I want to build PS for myself. And honestly I consider buying one for myself when double VIP hits. If I get one that is ;)

jangbricks review almost made me open GE and TH ^.^ but totally made me wanna build PS! It's a nice build that fits perfectle next to DO or the new BB. (Especially next to the cleaner).

Don't want to talk you into anything, but I'd consider PS as the others will probably be there next year when double VIP hits again. Buy it when double VIP starts though.

I have been thinking about this set after I have been starting to rebuild my lego city. Although I think this set is very hoarded. When creating your own city and you want it to be a serious city you just cannot have enough Pet Shops. Cause it is the only modular that you can combine with the others. Also cause most modulars are corner buidings you'll need modulars in between. When you remove the "Pet Shop" sign you can use it as normal general city buildings.

So I think after 3 years Pet Shop could become very wanted. Cause I could see people wanting multiples of these to make a nice city center.

Example:

Notting Hill.jpg

• Like 2

Long time follower, thought I'd make an account and point this out...

New modular: http://brickset.com/article/17074/the-next-modular-building-is-a-bank

And in the description: 

• "Collect and build an entire town with the LEGO® Creator Expert Modular Building series 10243 Parisian Restaurant and 10246 Detective’s Office.

Typically, the new modular references to the most recent two modulars (in this case the PR and DO) with the third most recent modular (PC) avaliable to buy. There usually is no fourth alternative modular. Having 5 modular's avaliable to buy seems like a long shot. Doubt it will be restocked only to keep it avaliable for two and 1/2 months...

Also, finally loving to see my team member discount put to good use. Gives me another 10% off all lego sets online at Target. With the redcard also I only spent $137 per pet shop after tax. 

Also, finally loving to see my team member discount put to good use. Gives me another 10% off all lego sets online at Target. With the redcard also I only spent $137 per pet shop after tax. 

Thanks for the info RTRC. What do you mean by team member discount? Are you a rep? I've been wondering how much discount they get.

Thanks for the info RTRC. What do you mean by team member discount? Are you a rep? I've been wondering how much discount they get.

I'm an ordinary worker. It doesn't matter if you work 10 hours or 40 hours a week, everybody gets the same benefits. 

Agreed. It's interesting to me because IIRC it hasn't been this readily available since GE was available...

The hoard attacked stock levels pretty quickly earlier in the year.  LEGO couldn't keep up and I'm sure some folks capitalized on the shortage.  Perhaps everyone has their quota now and its up to the mainstream consumer to finish this off.  

• Like 3