10218 - Pet Shop

legoaddiction

When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?  

466 members have voted

1. 1. When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?

Great news!  PS, PC, PR, and (obviously) DO are all in the Holiday 2015 catalog!  Ditto for good ol' T1.  SH is back too.  And they are really pushing the WV Toy Shop (if you buy now, Lego throws in a limited edition 'I Hate Resellers' bumper sticker).  No TB, EV, R5, or DS, for whatever that's worth.

Odd... On http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/eu-inventory.cfm?cat_id=51 the EU Inventory for Pet Shop shows as 1,182.

But on http://www.brickpicker.com/brickwatcher/lego-stock-checker-lego.cfm Pet Shop shows as Out of Stock for all of Europe.

And it's indeed showing as Temporarily out of stock. Hope it's just a temporary glitch and it will still be available for ordering during the 2x VIP promo...

Edited by Haay

Yesterday I did my run to a lego store to stock up on 2xVIP week.  I don't live around a B&M, so it's a full day commitment to get to one.  Regardless, I wasn't planning on buying a pet shop, but after talking with a lego store employee that was obviously quite knowledgeable, he was quite convinced it was done and he'd be surprised if they got anymore in.  So, I bought one of the last two in the store.  The Brick Bank release is obviously a good sign something is gone.  Pet Shop is obviously a solid contender to see EOL by the end of this 2xVIP event. 

• Like 1

Why would they retire it? It sells like hotcakes

This has been debated on this site many times but I think one of the most likely reasons is to keep the brand fresh. Lego would be fully aware that the spike in sales for key sets is as a result of a pending retirement. Those sales would not exist to the scale they do if resellers knew they weren't disappearing anytime soon.