10218 - Pet Shop

legoaddiction

When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?  

466 members have voted

1. 1. When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?

hoard

(hôrd)n.
1. A supply or store of something held or hidden for future use.

horde

(hôrd)n.
1. A large group or crowd; a swarm: a horde of mosquitoes. See Synonyms at crowd1.

Ex: "The Lego Volkswagen T1 Camper Van, set #10220, is hoarded by a horde of investors".

Neologism: horded - "This set is horded"

Guest TabbyBoy

Ex: "The Lego Volkswagen T1 Camper Van, set #10220, is hoarded by a horde of investors".

Neologism: horded - "This set is horded"

I was told by a Merlin employee that over 20x the amount of Campers (About 1,200,000) were produced compared to the Beetle and they're still being made. Taken with a molecule of NaCl of course.

Fatique is an understatement. 

It could possibly even remain longer than is good for us. Pet Shop is ideal to use multiples of. To create an average line of houses in a modular street. I know there has been a call for this by legofans. Cause what does one do with a Grand Emporium without normal inhabitants? And where do these normal peeps live?

T1 Camper Van has lost its shine in my opinion. It had to have retired a year ago at the latest. If it retires now... it will go up in value. No question. But it lost its potential of becoming a classic investment winner. 

• Like 1

It's odd that despite the way both sets are currently performing that people think they will be investment losers. Of course it depends what people think it good performance. Cafe Corner, UCS Falcon? Everything else is a loser?

When the T1 eventually goes EOL I think it will behave similarly to the FB. At EOL in the UK at least, it went up approx 80% in about 4 months. Then it stuck as people made a quick buck. But by Christmas 2014, approx 14 months after EOL I sold one for £250. Now, I have recently seen one, and only one so far, sell for £300. 

So if the T1 goes EOL in. November ( making the date up), I think it will be £130-140 by April. And possibly £200 by Christmas 2016. 

Proviso. I thought 10193 would be a fast appreciator. And it been a bit rubbish. :)

Fatique is an understatement. 

It could possibly even remain longer than is good for us. Pet Shop is ideal to use multiples of. To create an average line of houses in a modular street. I know there has been a call for this by legofans. Cause what does one do with a Grand Emporium without normal inhabitants? And where do these normal peeps live? 

The normal peeps can always sleep in the street.  Just got back from San Francisco, and that seems to be the plan there.  I've read elsewhere that you can rent a shipping container (you know, like the ones stacked on the EEE) for about $1,000 per month in the bay area.  It's not strictly legal, of course, and you'll be showering outside with a hose, but it's all good.

Even one floor of a Pet Shop-style townhouse would run several thousand per month in rent.  To actually buy the place, you'd need to sell emazer's entire inventory just to fund the down payment.  Once you run the numbers, sleeping on the street looks pretty good.  It's easy to mod the GE accordingly; just prop some of the minifigures up against the side of the shop and you're all set.  No need to buy a PS for minifigure housing; the little guys definitely can't afford it.

The normal peeps can always sleep in the street.  Just got back from San Francisco, and that seems to be the plan there.  I've read elsewhere that you can rent a shipping container (you know, like the ones stacked on the EEE) for about $1,000 per month in the bay area.  It's not strictly legal, of course, and you'll be showering outside with a hose, but it's all good.

Even one floor of a Pet Shop-style townhouse would run several thousand per month in rent.  To actually buy the place, you'd need to sell emazer's entire inventory just to fund the down payment.  Once you run the numbers, sleeping on the street looks pretty good.  It's easy to mod the GE accordingly; just prop some of the minifigures up against the side of the shop and you're all set.  No need to buy a PS for minifigure housing; the little guys definitely can't afford it.

I think the house is less than an issue as location.

A Pet Shop style townhouse would be that expensive  at the bay area but pretty dirt cheap (yeah, I'm exaggerating) in TX or WY...

So it all depends on where you are going to locate your Pet Shop.

Guest TabbyBoy

It's odd that despite the way both sets are currently performing that people think they will be investment losers. Of course it depends what people think it good performance. Cafe Corner, UCS Falcon? Everything else is a loser?

When the T1 eventually goes EOL I think it will behave similarly to the FB. At EOL in the UK at least, it went up approx 80% in about 4 months. Then it stuck as people made a quick buck. But by Christmas 2014, approx 14 months after EOL I sold one for £250. Now, I have recently seen one, and only one so far, sell for £300. 

So if the T1 goes EOL in. November ( making the date up), I think it will be £130-140 by April. And possibly £200 by Christmas 2016. 

Proviso. I thought 10193 would be a fast appreciator. And it been a bit rubbish. :)

The new box art from the T1 means it'll be around for many years yet. Expect new box art for the PS any day now as they've done with the PC.