10218 - Pet Shop

legoaddiction

When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?  

466 members have voted

1. 1. When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?

It´s done then. No reason to restock so much with so many remaining. That run will tide us over till October/November time.

All these restock seem to show they are going full in on SW production over the next few weeks.

Edited by valenciaeric

I've always been wondering what the unit is showing in the EU inventory checker. # of sets? If so, some set showing restock of 3 is just interesting... it's not even the number of sets in a box for some small sets. But who knows, maybe it isn't too weird if the inventory updated daily and some magical things happen.

Sets go out as well as come in.....

I know. But there are 'sold' and 'restock' numbers... So I assume they should be shown independently? Or the restock is actually = restock - sold?

Sorry if I took 'restock' literally, thinking it is the new box 'into the warehouse'... it's just some quantity of 3 seems really not worth the effort for restocking especially for the whole EU LEGO SAH. I bet some of the guys here restock more than that amount for some sets daily...

Just curious after all of that number. No biggie.

is it smart to invest in the creator cars, like the mini cooper, or the volkswagen van?

Ask yourself these questions:

1. Do they look good on display?

2. Do they appeal to AFOLs?

Then I'd say yes... but the VW T1 is pretty well stocked and has been available for a long time. I still think it's a good bet, but others are more skeptical.

I agree. 

Yes the VW camper has been available for a long time and yes people have hoarded lots. 

However the BP price is ALWAYS hovering around the RRP, sometimes slightly above. It may not have the largest increase after it's eventual EOL but it's hardly going to go down in value. :)

I know. But there are 'sold' and 'restock' numbers... So I assume they should be shown independently? Or the restock is actually = restock - sold?

Sorry if I took 'restock' literally, thinking it is the new box 'into the warehouse'... it's just some quantity of 3 seems really not worth the effort for restocking especially for the whole EU LEGO SAH. I bet some of the guys here restock more than that amount for some sets daily...

Just curious after all of that number. No biggie.

I see your point, perhaps returns would explain odd numbers of restocks.....

Aside from investment purposes do people like this set? The fact that it's two small buildings and not one large, like the new detective office, it's kind of a turn off for me. Wondering if People feel the same way? 

A lot of people seem to love it. I hate it but I didn't buy it for me...

Aside from investment purposes do people like this set? The fact that it's two small buildings and not one large, like the new detective office, it's kind of a turn off for me. Wondering if People feel the same way? 

Judging by the reviews I have seen, I wouldn't buy this one for myself - Parisian Restaurant and Detective's Office look much better to me. Nicer looking and more interesting builds (I'll probably get one each of those for my own consumption at some point)..

The fact that it's 2 buildings makes it unique, and gives you more different ways to arrange your modulars in a row. The biggest reason that people like it is simply because it's a modular. When there are only ~4 available at any given time, and the retired ones get expensive quickly, people who want to have a modular street are somewhat 'forced' to buy what's available to them.

Having built several modulars, I personally find the Pet Shop to be the worst of the bunch, but even a bad modular is still a decent set.

Edited by bricketycricket
  • Like 1

PS is an outstanding modular.  It's also unique, in that it's 2 separate buildings, one of which can be repeated multiple times to great effect.  It's not crazy to think about 2 or 3x of these for your modular layout, they're that versatile (including doubling the width of the Pet Shop itself).  For this reason, I see PS (and GE for additional floors) as especially good modulars in the long-run for future AFOL.

• Like 3

PS is an outstanding modular.  It's also unique, in that it's 2 separate buildings, one of which can be repeated multiple times to great effect.  It's not crazy to think about 2 or 3x of these for your modular layout, they're that versatile (including doubling the width of the Pet Shop itself).  For this reason, I see PS (and GE for additional floors) as especially good modulars in the long-run for future AFOL.

Will that even out the 10x times uber hoardedness of this set compared to TH, though? I see and agree with your point but the longer this one goes without retiring, the worse the gains to be had. When it does go pop we will see if the modular market has enough capacity to absorb them and at what price.

So far so good, even for FB and GE but nothing lasts forever.

I hope it does do well as I have a few (I guess I am not alone).

Edited by valenciaeric

Will that even out the 10x times uber hoardedness of this set compared to TH, though? I see and agree with your point but the longer this one goes without retiring, the worse the gains to be had. When it does go pop we will see if the modular market has enough capacity to absorb them and at what price.

So far so good, even for FB and GE but nothing lasts forever.

I hope it does do well as I have a few (I guess I am not alone).

Well, no.  PS won't hit 2.5 x MSRP in a year post EOL (at least, I'd be very surprised if it did).  I think appeal is far more important than scarcity, and PS has appeal.  TH had both, however, and that makes it a tough one to beat.