10218 - Pet Shop

legoaddiction

When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?  

466 members have voted

1. 1. When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?

With all these Panic Buying,  Lego must be laughing their Danish Asses to the Bank. 

The thing that I'm wondering is how many copies the script buyers are sitting on right now.  Whenever PS pops up, every available copy gets snatched up with a few minutes.  I don't know how many are coming online at any given time, but I get the alerts fairly frequently and very rarely actually get in on the buying action.  Maybe somebody is trying to corner the secondary market on PS, but I wonder if there is an actual limit to the capital that they're willing to invest in it.

Current Lego exclusives set investment calls for highly patient and loaded$ individuals.
Everyone thought buying exclusives would double their money in a year or 2.  
Not anymore as the Lego investment game has inched closer to many.  
Case in point, the FB is trading at $350 avg on ebay.  
Most got them with tax for $215.  thats $135 profit, then minus the $50 ebay fee, that leaves you with $85 and not to mention some desperate sellers that's willing to  fork over the shipping.  
$85 on a $215 investment does look good if you didn't have to wait.
This set is approx 20 month eol. (Thats 20 months + the months prior to retirement...for some, 2 years)
So, Lets go back to "doubling" your money, You would have to sell the FB at $500-$510 (Maybe next Christmas and that would be 36 months+)
Now, Imaging how many PS are sitting inside closets.
Please do not retort the numbers with YOUR "buy In" price.  "Yeah, BUT I got mine for $85 with 8 coupons, a gold chain and my initial CC sign up reward points."

• Like 2

Confirming that FB retail was $150 and a lot of people got theirs on Amazon for $119. Paying $215: :tommy:

There was a very short period of time a few years back when they could be had for $105 through an Amazon pre-Xmas BOGO.  Ahh, those were the days...great deals, no purchase limits.

• Like 1

In town for work, swung by the local San Antonio, TX LEGO store and they had a whole gaggle of these on the shelf. I was surprised because I haven't seen these at the stores near me back in Atlanta for months. They also had a large collection of PC and PR but no DO out on the floor.

Edited by Deadfraggle
Spelling

All current creator expert sets are being rebranded to fit in with the theme. It doesn't mean they are not going but with reprinted, redesigned boxes most won't go for another year as a minimum. 

Very true, but until someone sees a new design PS, we can't say for sure that it is being rebranded. It might be EOL. Just look at ToO; TOOS in the US, retired in Europe. It's interesting that one of the most poorly rated modulars has had the longest production run. I guess its also possible that TLG's design and production capabilities have been maxed with other projects, so they're pushing an old modular just a bit longer. Once they have some available design and production capability freed up, they'll make a new modular. The TB is showing us that TLG is very dynamic and as with any investing game, the past is no indication of the future. If it sells, they'll milk the cow until the udders fall off. Then again, why was TH pulled early? Speculation, speculation...the fun of any calculated gamble. No matter how calculated it may be, it is still gambling!

Pet Shop not available in EU till 09/01.

Isnt this exactly what happened with ToO last week and then it just went???

Very true, but until someone sees a new design PS, we can't say for sure that it is being rebranded. It might be EOL. Just look at ToO; TOOS in the US, retired in Europe. It's interesting that one of the most poorly rated modulars has had the longest production run. I guess its also possible that TLG's design and production capabilities have been maxed with other projects, so they're pushing an old modular just a bit longer. Once they have some available design and production capability freed up, they'll make a new modular. The TB is showing us that TLG is very dynamic and as with any investing game, the past is no indication of the future. If it sells, they'll milk the cow until the udders fall off. Then again, why was TH pulled early? Speculation, speculation...the fun of any calculated gamble. No matter how calculated it may be, it is still gambling!

Isn't PS supposed to be everyones favorite?  Or at least one of the most versatile given its effectively 2 units.