10218 - Pet Shop

legoaddiction

When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?  

466 members have voted

1. 1. When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?

It must be a temporary status, No way Kwik E mart is done.. still it raises some questions why there are so many exclusives sold out just now..

I think we have to assume "Sold Out" in Europe means they don't want to worry about putting silly "Temporary Out of Stock" or "expected Ship date"  - too much work. With two months vacations there is just no time for that...  (note that Birds and ISD are also "Sold Out")

Edited by No More Monkeys
  • Like 3

They now also turn up "sold out" in the search results:

http://search-en.lego.com/?cc=NL&i=1&m_sort_menu=pricehigh&pt=shop&q=sold+out&rank=nl_rank

I think we have to assume "Sold Out" in Europe means they don't want to worry about putting silly "Temporary Out of Stock" or "expected Ship date"  - too much work. With two months vacations there is just no time for that...  (note that Birds and ISD are also "Sold Out")

It must be something like that, from the DS I would expect it to be sold out any day now, but not from the others.

Death Start fell off the truck somewhere along the way?

Don't ruin the DS retirement party now :P

LOL! PR is sold out in Europe.. no restock and if US goes very soon, this will be one of the most expensive sets ever.

Let the speculation and hoarding begin! EU showing PS, PC and PR as "Sold Out". I really don't think they are retiring 3 sets at once. It must mean temp out of stock.

Edited by tacsniper

Don't ruin the DS retirement party now :P

Let the speculation and hoarding begin! EU showing PS, PC and PR as "Sold Out". I really don't think they are retiring 3 sets at once. It must mean temp out of stock.

funny thing is if it wasnt for PR there would be mass panic.  Of course I just got my wife a PR for our anniversary, maybe i should stash it away just in case...

funny thing is if it wasnt for PR there would be mass panic.  Of course I just got my wife a PR for our anniversary, maybe i should stash it away just in case...

So true... if they put PS or PC or both as Sold Out, we will see everyone flocking to their lego store in North America to clean out those modulars.

This could be fun, fun, fun.  Europe showed 10225 and 10937 as sold out before US last year...

And in the other hand, there's the Simpsons store set whose name my ridiculous automated spell checker will not allow me to type.  I don't know.  Maybe Lego got in trouble for racial stereotyping (but The Simpsons didn't?) and retired the set after two months.

Just got 1 from Amazon - arrived today. Shipping label slapped right on the box and shipping tape all the way around as if they knew it would be pancaked (it was).

removes the element of surprise when the kid it's for answers the door for the delivery man...

Did anyone else notice Pet Shop available at S&H today? Only for a few hours, then it was back to out of stock. I clicked buy, real quick!

I have no modular sets, starting my collection, so this was very exciting when I noticed it was available! Maybe I should have bought 2?

I wanted to get PS first and then build my collection slowly. 

Next one will probably be PC.

Did anyone else notice Pet Shop available at S&H today? Only for a few hours, then it was back to out of stock. I clicked buy, real quick!

I have no modular sets, starting my collection, so this was very exciting when I noticed it was available! Maybe I should have bought 2?

Congrats on getting your first one at retail this late in the game!  Some of us weren't so lucky when previous modulars retired.  For me, it was the Fire Brigade.  I had to fork over $250 for a new / sealed one after it retired.

Yes, you should have bought 2,3,4. Personally I don;t like paying retail but who knows how long this one will stick around for.

Sometimes I think that TLG are just F++ing with us by manipulating demand with these so called 'glitches'

Yes, you should have bought 2,3,4. Personally I don;t like paying retail but who knows how long this one will stick around for.

Sometimes I think that TLG are just F++ing with us by manipulating demand with these so called 'glitches'

I'm surprised for such a large glitch that it has been fixed yet. I did manage to layby 3 PR (had 0) this morning just incase :)