10218 - Pet Shop

legoaddiction

When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?  

466 members have voted

1. 1. When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?

People were buying up the Grand Emporium at every opportunity last year and it still retired after a 4 year lifespan.

Exactly.  It was in and out of stock for months last year and despite new production runs it still effectively retired before the end of the year.  Would it have retired sooner if the reseller community hadn't gobbled them up at every opportunity?  We will never know.  I get what Ed is saying about increasing the chances of it hanging around, but LEGO is coming out with so many new sets each year that they have to pull the plug at some point.  Unless it's the Death Star of course.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

How's life in Hawaii?

Live in Hawaii, sell Lego's.....that's my dream right there.

It's expensive. Haha. But manageable. Ain't nothing like building Legos under the sun, on the beach. When you tire out just jump in the ocean to cool off.
  • Like 1

They already did, a day and a half ago. Target, Walmart had it for sure because I saw it with my own eyes though the Walmart restock went with a flash.  At target I got the chance to get 1 more and also got time to notify in DD before poof. I also seem to recall somebody notifying it at amazon but I am not 100% positive. 

They already did, a day and a half ago. Target, Walmart had it for sure because I saw it with my own eyes though the Walmart restock went with a flash.  At target I got the chance to get 1 more and also got time to notify in DD before poof. I also seem to recall somebody notifying it at amazon but I am not 100% positive. 

I saw it happen at Walmart today...

crazy. there wasn't even a blip on the radar from BP.

PS in TOO at LEGO Shop at Home http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Pet-Shop-10218

That lasted longer than normal... It was available for like 1.5 weeks. I give it 24 hours and see if the site changes status after their nightly update.

Hopefully it will go this time without any back orders to fill as add to cart option is no longer available... at least for now

Edited by tacsniper
  • Like 1

That lasted longer than normal... It was available for like 1.5 weeks. I give it 24 hours and see if the site changes status after their nightly update.

Hopefully it will go this time without any back orders to fill as add to cart option is no longer available... at least for now

Yippee!  *Ahem*

• Like 1