10218 - Pet Shop

legoaddiction

When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?  

466 members have voted

1. 1. When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?

Does Lego ship them in the original carton?  

​When I bought Pet Shops from LEGO Shop at Home they delivered 2 sets still sealed in their original packaging. I think you just have to purchase enough copies of a set to at least reach the number of copies in a sealed package. In the case of Pet Shop that's two.

I always order modulars at Lego LEGO Shop at Home in the quantity of cartons / factory case (how you wanna call it). Usually I get a factory seald shipping carton which is shipped in another external big box. This way I already obtained shpping cartons of PC, PS, PR and DO. You just got to have a little bit of luck and it is also very helpful to order when it is out of stock, because then the lorry with the sets in shipping carton fresh out of the factory will directly packaged and shipped to you ;-) 

are you in the US? I only get in with the normal shipping box only.

Nope, in Holland, so Europe. Perhaps it's different across countries, but I think there's only one European warehouse so people from example Germany or England should also be able to get shipping cartons from Lego.

Edited by JM123
  • Like 1

And back to TOOS at EU shop. No possibility to back order this time so it will be interesting to see how long it takes them to restock and how many units are made available.

​Oh man just as I was about to order another one, serves me right for snoozing.

You're right though it will be interesting to see what happens from here on in with its availability.

It makes no sense that they did such a low qty restock - unless the run was much larger and catered for backorders and shops and that was all that was left over.

Am guessing that by end of May there will be another larger restock to tie in with what other modulars have available.

PS back at LEGO Shop at Home Europe. 'Available now'. Just ordered 4 more with another account in quantities of 2 per order, hoping they again will send me shipping cartons :-)

Update: And it's gone again.

Edited by JM123

I don't.  I just read that Lego is releasing a new, bigger PS next year for the same price, with updated pets (maybe one of those glowing cats you can buy in Hong Kong that are genetically modified with bioluminescence genes from jellyfish) and scenes from the PS where Stallone's girlfriend worked in Rocky.

• Like 6

I don't.  I just read that Lego is releasing a new, bigger PS next year for the same price, with updated pets (maybe one of those glowing cats you can buy in Hong Kong that are genetically modified with bioluminescence genes from jellyfish) and scenes from the PS where Stallone's girlfriend worked in Rocky.

​An add-on might include Paulie out front ready to kick your teeth in.

Edited by exciter1

Today received my PS order from last week. Again a shipping carton and after comparison of my earlier posted picture of the carton's information, it can be concluded that it is still the same production run as before it went back to 'temporarily out of stock'. My conclusion: Probably a large run, divided in batches which they phase out on their S&H EU site.

image.jpg

Edited by JM123

seems to be the new story, cut supply and inform all your lego underlings that its retiring so they tell people. (cause you know lego employees are a trusted source) Everytime i was in a lego store in the past 3 months, thats the first thing i heard out of their mouths if i was looking at modulars.

im still waiting to buy on this set, running out of room.

Yep it was a very large production run. Hopefully the USA gets the same treatment and some volume of this set through the usual retail channels. If not each one paired with a winter soldier from LEGO Shop at Home may have to do.

​Man, Winter Soldier is going to scare the pants off your average Pet Shop buyer.  Why not pair your Pet Shops with UniKitty instead?