10218 - Pet Shop

legoaddiction

When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?  

466 members have voted

1. 1. When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?

Or, it can be that TLG realizes most of the people who buy more than 2 of the same modulars are resellers anyway.

​That is tricky though. Most modulars almost by definition are sets that a real-end-buyer-consumer (there is a name for this that escapes me now) could legitimately want to buy 3, 4,... copies to expand the layout. Think 4 corners for the complete CC hotel. 2 firebrigades for extra floors, 3 GE for a decent mall. 4 to 8 pet shops to customize and make a row of houses... 

If somebody buys 3 slaves or 3 tumblers from lego then yes I say obvi reseller because there is only one slave and only one tumbler, but if somebody buys 5 x-wings I can't say if reseller or just hardcore SW fan building red squadron. Of course there is the issue of $$$ on all of these examples but we have seen countless examples of people with disposable income to blow on LEGO without being resellers. 

​Alright guys, what have we learned in the past about CC, TH, HH, GE, when it drops from limit 5 to 2?

Time to damage my wallet.

I respectively do not believe it at all on the Parisian Restaurant.

Unless the entire modular line is being discontinued.  I do not see that.

Petshop and Palace Cinema going yes I do.

I think this is a game to keep supply on hand longer and minimize reseller sales.

​Palace Cinema retiring and R2 $750 by Christmas? I hope Emmet Brown paid a visit to you from the future and you are right on both accounts.

PS, T1 Camper and Tower Bridge all changed to limit 2 at this time last year and then changed back to limit 5 in the fall. I am glad TLG does not make this too easy :)

​Maybe TLG drives down production over the summer (after Easter / 2x VIP) for some sets because in these months sales are just lower than between October-April; resulting in a lower buying limit. And after the summer (in preparation for a long Halloween / another 2x VIP / holiday sales season) they drive production up again raising the limits back to 5, too. Don't know whether or how good this has been observed by anyone. Just a theory, but since the limit change from 5 to 2 came for all older modulars at the same time, it probably has nothing to do with EOL (or not), but rather with production capacity and lower demand during summer.

• Like 2

I'm sure this has been asked before, but what exactly does Limit 2 mean? 2 per order? 2 per month? 2 per VIP account ever? I want to start my modular collection, as well as invest with this set. I'm traveling for 2 more weeks in Europe before heading back to Vancouver; I've seen a PS on a store shelf here in Barcelona. Should I pick this up now for my personal used copy, and carry with me for 2 weeks (destroying box in most likelihood), and safely order 2 for NISB when home, or do you think there's enough viable stock left that I could place 2 orders once home?.... Torn on this. It's OOS expected may 7th on SAH US, CAN, and ESP, and I've seen one on the shelf! Gah!

Edited by Zelgazra

I'm sure this has been asked before, but what exactly does Limit 2 mean? 2 per order? 2 per month? 2 per VIP account ever? I want to start my modular collection, as well as

invest with this set. I'm traveling for 2 more weeks in Europe before heading back to Vancouver; I've seen a PS on a store shelf here in Barcelona. Should I pick this up now for my personal used copy, and carry with me for 2 weeks (destroying box in most likelihood), and safely order 2 for NISB when home, or do you think there's enough viable stock left that I could place 2 orders once home?.... Torn on this. It's OOS expected may 7th on SAH US, CAN, and ESP, and I've seen one on the shelf! Gah!

answer is obvious. Just buy it.  

• Like 1

I'm sure this has been asked before, but what exactly does Limit 2 mean? 2 per order? 2 per month? 2 per VIP account ever? I want to start my modular collection, as well as invest with this set. I'm traveling for 2 more weeks in Europe before heading back to Vancouver; I've seen a PS on a store shelf here in Barcelona. Should I pick this up now for my personal used copy, and carry with me for 2 weeks (destroying box in most likelihood), and safely order 2 for NISB when home, or do you think there's enough viable stock left that I could place 2 orders once home?.... Torn on this. It's OOS expected may 7th on SAH US, CAN, and ESP, and I've seen one on the shelf! Gah!

​The limit is 2 per order. Beyond that, you can keep placing orders, but if you overdo it, you may get banned. There is no defined line to cross before ban. Just don't be stupid. (Edit: I guess this can't be seen on the new forum. I know all of this from experience. I am banned)

Yes, I would buy that set. Carry it with you. I carried a whole bunch of sets with me from Denmark to Germany to Dubai to Shanghai to Seattle. Most of them survived (lol). If you can check one extra bag for no charge, I would buy a box that would fit the Pet Shop and just check that box.

Edited by minicoopers11

​If PR was not on this list then you may be able to read more into it.  I would assume however that it is just due to limited production, not in itself and indication of EOL. TLG has a lot of new sets and exclusives to keep up with at the moment, not surprising that some of the older one will be more limited in availability.

​If PR was not on this list then you may be able to read more into it.  I would assume however that it is just due to limited production, not in itself and indication of EOL. TLG has a lot of new sets and exclusives to keep up with at the moment, not surprising that some of the older one will be more limited in availability.

​Wouldn't it make DO to be limit 2 as well?

​Wouldn't it make DO to be limit 2 as well?

​DO is the new shiny, higher production schedule.   I am not saying the PS and PC and possibly PR could drop off the map any time.  but the point is limits on purchases are about inventory control, and say nothing directly about EOL.  The flip side of this is, if they were EOL why would they not want to sell them as quickly as possible, to clear up inventory space?  It makes more sense to limit sales when your production is low but consistent, than when a product is EOL.

the caveat to all this is does anything LEGO Shop at Home does, make sense?  

Edited by jay4e