10218 - Pet Shop

legoaddiction

When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?  

466 members have voted

1. 1. When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?

Please don't flame me fit this, but something tells me that Lego might pull a TH on PC with eol at the end of the year, and PS finally disappearing next year.

yoga-flame.jpg

No offense but what you say seems to be just a guess, so unless you tell us what the "something" is, this kind of post belong to the "open speculation" thread. ;)

I think that the best way to figure what is going on with retiring set is to give only facts in the dedicated threads. :)

(BTW, it's unavailable in my country, I mean you have to check ebay or the marketplaces to found this set)

yoga-flame.jpg

No offense but what you say seems to be just a guess, so unless you tell us what the "something" is, this kind of post belong to the "open speculation" thread. ;)

I think that the best way to figure what is going on with retiring set is to give only facts in the dedicated threads. :)

(BTW, it's unavailable in my country, I mean you have to check ebay or the marketplaces to found this set)

True, this is not the point of this thread, I digressed.

My hunch is a result of something. In Jan a SAH CSE told me it'll be around into 2016. All my inner logic tries to block this out, but I can't get it out of my head.

108ie6v.jpg

I remember last fall someone went to a lego store and asked about TH retiring.  The lego rep laughed and said 'no, PS has to retire first'.  Anyway, if PC were limit 2, I might buy it.  But isn't, and sets generally do retire in order, so...  I really can't afford to stockpile a giant heap of PC's for the next two years, waiting for EOL.  PS, T1, and DS went through a period of several months last year of no availability outside LEGO Shop at Home.  DS got near $600 on eBay.  And then all three sets came back everywhere.

It seems that there will be more time to hoard this one. It's not done yet.

Please don't flame me fit this, but something tells me that Lego might pull a TH on PC with eol at the end of the year, and PS finally disappearing next year.

Doubtful. I don't think Lego would retire two corner buildings in back to back years. There would be no corner buildings available then. If something is going this year, it will be PS.

Doubtful. I don't think Lego would retire two corner buildings in back to back years. There would be no corner buildings available then. If something is going this year, it will be PS.

And HH will be available till Halloween & R2-D2 will be around for the new movie...
  • Like 1

And HH will be available till Halloween & R2-D2 will be around for the new movie...

I missed these two sets but here's my quick analysis.

Halloween - This is not a big shopping holiday in the US other than for crappy made in China costumes and cheap candy. Lego would not have gained anything by holding these for Halloween.

R2D2 - Didn't UCS R2 last 2 years? That's right on with what they've been doing with UCS. I would think that retirement in 2014 was to be expected. They have a bunch of stuff coming for the new movie anyways,

+1.  This.  The new modular and launch date will tell us much.

Expected launch date, if they release a new one is pretty much january. LEGO seems to get on a schedule with certain exclusives.

January: Modular

April: Simpsons

May: SW UCS, carnival

August: cars

September: winter village

• Like 4

Expected launch date, if they release a new one is pretty much january. LEGO seems to get on a schedule with certain exclusives.

January: Modular

April: Simpsons

May: SW UCS, carnival

August: cars

September: winter village

​January is also known for releasing SW UCS (Slave I). Palace Cinema was released in September 2013 if I am not mistaken.

Somehow I expect a new modular release this fall. Dunno why... just a hunch.

PS really seems to be done? I only found two the last week when on a road trip and for an inflated price of 160 euro. If the signs become more clear I might pick these two up anyhow.

Does anyone know how LEGO Shop at Home's estimated shipping date works? When I placed my last order it had an est. shipping date of Apr 26 then will ship in 30 days. Earlier today, PS had est. shipping date of May 3 and now ship in 30 days... why the dates keep changing? Does it mean what they have arriving on May 3 is now all sold, new orders will fall under the 30 day window?

Does anyone know how LEGO Shop at Home's estimated shipping date works? When I placed my last order it had an est. shipping date of Apr 26 then will ship in 30 days. Earlier today, PS had est. shipping date of May 3 and now ship in 30 days... why the dates keep changing? Does it mean what they have arriving on May 3 is now all sold, new orders will fall under the 30 day window?

The short answer is no, I'm not even sure LEGO Shop at Home really knows  

The long answer is that if it says 30 days, this is the default and they have no shipments currently confirmed. The next shipment could be a few weeks, months, or never.  if it shows an actual date then they are expecting some stock before that date.  Whether or not the shippment they get is enough to fill all current orders seems to be mostly irrelivent.  Finally if stock is limited, they seem to use a first in last out fulfillment.  Thus those who happen to order closer to when the shippment actually arrives often get their shipments first.  Those who have been waiting to get theirs for weeks or months May get nothing.

As for the dates changing I suspect it means the shippment "for" May 3rd has already arrived and been allocated.  In my experience most of the actual dates are very conservative, And it's common for them to be available a week or two ahead of schedule.

Overall if stock is limited it is often a crap shoot.  Whether that is by design or poor fulfillment is open for debate.

Edited by jay4e
  • Like 1

Thoughts about paying over RRP at this point to grab a set or 2 to hold?

in the long run $10-20 might not impact returns that much in the long run, and seems doable on ebay if your patient.  But this one still likely has some life left, and Lego production of "Exclusives" is pretty sporadic at the moment.  Put in an order at LEGO Shop at Home, you can always cancel if you find it elsewhere.  but keep an eye on amazon, and Lego/Discovery stores if you have any around.

Edited by jay4e

in the long run $10-20 might not impact returns that much in the long run, and seems doable on ebay if your patient.  But this one still likely has some life left.  Put in an order at LEGO Shop at Home, you can always cancel if you find it elsewhere.  but keep an eye on amazon, and Lego/Discovery stores if you have any around.

TigerG - you may want to add location info to your profile. People will advise you to death about buying stuff in US...