10218 - Pet Shop

legoaddiction

When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?  

466 members have voted

1. 1. When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?

Ed, you're going to drive people crazy with that post...

For meowsmeowsmeows: R2 sold out in Europe the night before going to Toos status in the US.  But as you point out with regard to SSD, it can happen the other way around as well.  I check LEGO Shop at Home (non-US countries) pretty regularly to see if something funky is happening in other regions, so I don't get blindsided by an unexpected retirement.

Edited by GhostDad
  • Like 1

For meowsmeowsmeows: R2 sold out in Europe the night before going to Toos status in the US.  But as you point out with regard to SSD, it can happen the other way around as well.  I check LEGO Shop at Home (non-US countries) pretty regularly to see if something funky is happening in other regions, so I don't get blindsided by an unexpected retirement.

I think anyone who's opened a Death Star realizes it can't go in a smaller box.

• Like 4

Thanks.  Everything happened quickly last fall and I couldn't remember.

And yes, I'm not sure what to make about Ed's post.  I thought the April 2 post on brickfan was a late April fool's joke.  Maybe not...

Honest question here. Has there ever been a reboxed set? I am curious...

yes

Examples? (Sets that have re-released in smaller sized boxes)

You asked "Has there ever been a reboxed set?" Yes, there has. I don't know about box change size. That sounds strange to me. I have had boxes that were changed from glued & perforated to the seals we see now. Same exact sets different boxes. Edited by dcdfan

You asked "Has there ever been a reboxed set?" Yes, there has. I don't know about box change size. That sounds strange to me. I have had boxes that were changed from glued & perforated to the seals we see now. Same exact sets different boxes.

Thank you. So the direction I am headed with this is that when we talk of an overdue retirement set being re-released in a smaller sized box, with no history of other sets ever doing such a thing, I would be more inclined to subscribe to the idea that retirement is indeed near rather than re-release and continued sales life for the PS.

Don't worry. That's coming as well. Well, it might not be for the old Death Stars though.

I think you can think of the 10188 like the UCS of Death Stars. I know it's not UCS.

What I am saying is that the new 2016 Death Star will be a smaller more affordable one and sell like hot cakes.

Like maybe a $150-200 Death Star.

The old death star will increase in value and be the retired big daddy.

That is my guess.

That is why I am up to 8 and adding more as we speak. Though I am small time and no Emazers!

• Like 1

This T.OOS in all other regions is very interesting. I just placed an order for 5 more just in case this is the last wave of inventory that is sitting on a boat sailing to North America. Although I wonder why TLG didn't drop the limit to 1or 2 if supply is that limited.

Edited by tacsniper

They will, eventually.  GE and HH didn't go limit 2 until fairly near the end.  And I recall SSD being limit 5 up until the last weekend you could buy it from LEGO Shop at Home (this was after it returned from Toos status for a final encore 48 hours of availability).  I had no idea what such things meant back then, and wandered off to load up on Chima napkin holders or something.  Someday Lego tableware completists will kill for those...

My pet shop ordered on the 24th of march is still in the status of "waiting for new stock". :(

Is there a chance that it gets cancelled?

From what I have heard Europe/Asia will restock in May after their next production run for this set. Big box or small box I have not heard yet. Should be interesting :)

That makes good sense but I am not convinced about the boxes - if that was going to happen, they could have been changed ages ago when the new box policy was launched.

Doe anyone know how many other current sets apart from PS and PC use the 48x58x9cm box? I can only think of ToO, EV and Mk2 Crane

Doe anyone know how many other current sets apart from PS and PC use the 48x58x9cm box? I can only think of ToO, EV and Mk2 Crane

From what I remember, PR had almost the same size, but was just a bit fatter (nowhere near 42030 or TH though).

Edited by makromizer

My pet shop ordered on the 24th of march is still in the status of "waiting for new stock". :(

Is there a chance that it gets cancelled?

They cancelled HH & SSD orders last year . . . And in no apparent order either. I had orders cancelled while other people received them that ordered after me.