10218 - Pet Shop

legoaddiction

When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?  

466 members have voted

1. 1. When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?

My local toys r us had two these. They've had both of these sets on their shelf for weeks and I finally went ahead and picked both up. Before you ask, retail was $189.99 at tru but they price matched lego for me so I was able to get them for the proper price of 149.99 each. Isn't it kind of odd toys r us had these on the shelf? One side of the seals were perfect but the other side looked like the friction and weight of the box caused the seals to shift a little and get wrinkled. They look just ok but me and a buddy weighed them and they all were 2.8lbs. We compared them with his other petshop sets and they all were the same. So I'm not too worried about it. Anyhow, I was just wondering if anyone had a toys r us who has petshop sets in their store? I asked the supervisor if they were returns but she told me that even if they were returns, they wouldn't resell them because they wouldn't know if they were complete. 

Jimivegas, just to clarify, you mean they weighed 2.8 kg each, not 2.8 lbs each.  'Cause if they weigh 2.8 lbs each, you should absolutely return them -- they're missing half the pieces!

2.8 kg. My fault, that's what I meant. The boxes were pretty heavy. I'll be opening one of them and putting it together anyways. If there are pieces missing, they go back. I'm pretty sure they are fine.

Totally up to you. Today the limit is 5, tomorrow it may be listed OOS never to return. This is what happened to the town hall.

But it's most likely to go in the next year. And if it follows the pattern of the FB and GE, it will go in Oct-Nov.

Or not, no one really knows. :)

• Like 1

Totally up to you. Today the limit is 5, tomorrow it may be listed OOS never to return. This is what happened to the town hall.

But it's most likely to go in the next year. And if it follows the pattern of the FB and GE, it will go in Oct-Nov.

Or not, no one really knows. :)

Yea I'm relatively new, I thought maybe my thinking was flawed and it was very plausible that it would go from OOS limit 5 to sold out. I went ahead and ordered 2!

• Like 1

I am thinking it's safe to keep waiting to buy this (I own none) because the limit is still set to 5.  Is that foolish?  Should I order some now?  Thx!

You'll try to order 5 from the US SAH site and get insta-banned. I'd grab 2 now and and slowly get to 5 over the next few months.

• Like 1

You'll try to order 5 from the US SAH site and get insta-banned. I'd grab 2 now and and slowly get to 5 over the next few months.

Yea I've read about people getting banned while staying within the ordering limits, which makes no sense to me!  I don't think I'll be ordering more than two of any set anytime soon though.

Yea I'm relatively new, I thought maybe my thinking was flawed and it was very plausible that it would go from OOS limit 5 to sold out. I went ahead and ordered 2!

Well you won't make a loss. At worst you may have to wait a bit longer to make a profit. :)

• Like 1

Certainly this is what happened with GE but hoping that this dance situation will last more than a year is a bit optimistic (no need to make things so complicated for the regular customer for so long a period). They could also have reduced the buying limit to 1 and achieved the same thing.

My gut feeling is it is on the way out now and final OOS / Sold out will be in the 3rd quarter of this year - or maybe even sooner.

About PC, there are any number of reasons to support or reject the possibility of retirement before or with PS and these have already been discussed at length on that item