10218 - Pet Shop

legoaddiction

When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?  

466 members have voted

1. 1. When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?

Guest nightbricker

should i invest in Pet Shop even though i can get if for 170EUR, which is already 20EUR above retail price?

Store manager who will be ordering this for me said i only have a month or so before it becomes unavailable.

should i invest in Pet Shop even though i can get if for 170EUR, which is already 20EUR above retail price?

Store manager who will be ordering this for me said i only have a month or so before it becomes unavailable.

What is your gut feeling telling you? If I was in your place and I know the source is trustful and have a few already I would move along to the next opportunity. The modulars are safe choice, but massively hoarded so competition is very fierce, hence returns are small. Buying 20EUR over MSRP is already putting you in a bad position so you have to wait a long time to break even,

• Like 1

What is your gut feeling telling you? If I was in your place and I know the source is trustful and have a few already I would move along to the next opportunity. The modulars are safe choice, but massively hoarded so competition is very fierce, hence returns are small. Buying 20EUR over MSRP is already putting you in a bad position so you have to wait a long time to break even,

Yes, and PS seems to be a particularly very hoarded set.

I would advise against paying over retail

I think what hannibal says counts. What does your gut tell you. Is there a strong national second hand market for modulars is the key. Otherwise, at a price point of 170 it will be hard to compete with the Schengen-import modulars for the first year after EOL. In all it is a bad time to buy. There is an uncertainty if it will go EOL or not soon. Therefore prices on amazon go up and up. Tough call but if you decide to go for it, be prepared to keep it 2 years minimum.

Most people will have bought in at between 115 and 130 euros and A LOT of these have been made and are sitting unopened. Shop around, there should still be a chance of getting these at RRP or below as they are still being made.

With the shops not being restocked due to LEGO not being able to follow production to fulfill its own orders, I fear most if not all shops are out of 'good deal' PS.

• Like 2

Guest TabbyBoy

The FB was massively hoarded (and a lot probably still is) and look how well that's doing?  I ordered 5x PS last week that were supposed to be delayed but, they arrived this morning.  A lot of people seem to not like this set hence, I don't think it's hoarded that much.

I think it depends on what distribution agreement the shops have with Lego. Big stores like TRU who order hundreds or thousands of items every month have not been restocked since November but they still have it in their portfolio and have received other

Yes, and PS seems to be a particularly very hoarded set.

I would advise against paying over retail

I would imagine moving forward that ALL modulars will be hoarded (with expection of TH) and they will all do well, it's just a matter of how quickly you feel you need to move them that will determine your return.

• Like 1