10218 - Pet Shop

legoaddiction

When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?  

466 members have voted

1. 1. When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?

i'm waiting for the next imperial flaghsip, or space theme huge spaceship, i might go overboard on them right when they come out. But not for a PS or DO

I concur.

I was in my dark ages and missed the flagship. I loved 1st gen classic pirates as a kid. Would love to get a truly nice ship at retail. Flagship is too much these days and I refuse to pay 200 bucks for a used Black Seas Barracuda. It als looks quite dated next to the IFS.

I'd love to see classic castle or space themed modulars.

First I've seen any retirement news on Alan's site. I don't follow his site religiously though.

He does use BP occasionally so maybe he read this thread. Hey, if Alan said the UCS X-Wing was retiring, we all could have pointed to Trek about being The Brick Fan's Deep Throat (inside source for those don't know about Watergate) ;)

Hey Folks,

Since we have been discussing this set's retirement now for over 1 year, I added a poll about it becoming permanently sold-out. Feel free to vote.

Remember that Lego is now sell with web site retirement tags so remember to not vote on when this set retires but when it's finally sold-out at retail price,

Example: if this vote was about the 10224 Town Hall or 10228 Haunted House, the correct poll answer is "during 2014".

The problem with any prognostication is that it can take months, or even years, to come true and then everyone claims they said so. Announcing the imminent retirement of a set in a major way can make you look like a genius or a fool. If you are wrong, then people will ignore your future posts.

The problem with any prognostication is that it can take months, or even years, to come true and then everyone claims they said so. Announcing the imminent retirement of a set in a major way can make you look like a genius or a fool. If you are wrong, then people will ignore your future posts.

And if you are right, they also ignore. So better not discuss at all probably.

• Like 1

Agreed, no guarantee - but to step out on a limb like this (when you have never done it before), would be a big risk (unless you really knew).

Important to know is when is the oak-point of a retirement. In the case of SSD I can imagine production stopped earlier than the day when it got the retired tag on Lego SaH. Especially large sets like SSD and DS can linger around longer due to their pricepoint. They do not sell as fast as small sets. 

I believe according to Lego the Kingdoms Joust had retired already in 2013. Probably when production ceased. But due to its impopularity the official tag was given much later. First it needed to be sold out. Hence, you can still find this set at some of the retailers here in Europe.

• Like 1

<irony> Well, that should mean we now know when the PS will retire, don't we? </irony>

No. Off the top of my head out of every set that they have said is retired or retiring `tomorrow '' they have been right exactly 50% of the time. The ssd and ds stick out as the big ones they were wrong on.

People Here can do just as well.

The brickshow called SSD's imminent retirement and they were right. A year and a half later.

I'm not sure if you guys aware of this... they also called Joker Steamer close to EOL just a couple of days ago. I didn't post anything here coz I know they are probably wrong on this one. But since now we're talking about the Brick Show...

Just because Target is clearing them doesn't necessarily mean they are out soon. Target in the past has had big clearance on sets early in the stage, including some Batman/Superman sets, MechDragon... Anyway, I have no intention picking on those guys. I have a lot of fun watching their videos. I think we are off topics a bit if we are talking about other sets, probably should be in the EOL one... :P