10218 - Pet Shop

legoaddiction

When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?  

466 members have voted

1. 1. When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?

how many more modulars do we have left to be announced? Obv 1 corner one, but what about any more long ones? theoretically you could go forever, but is there an end noted?

I am not sure if I understand what you mean.

I am still waiting for:

- Hospital

- Museum

- Police Station

And last but not least a big ass Train Station size 3 baseplates minimum.

• Like 1

all I am saying is how many more modulars are there going to be? With one more corner a square can be completed, but you could make infinite site buildlings.

As long as there's a market, I don't see why they would stop making them. IMO they are, along with UCS, Lego's flagship series aimed at AFOLs.

I don't think their aim is to make an elaborate 12 piece street block and then stop. I find that laughable. Hardcore modular fans incorporate MOCs and make hybrids from official sets. Some have whole towns, let alone one block.

all I am saying is how many more modulars are there going to be? With one more corner a square can be completed, but you could make infinite site buildlings.

This is assuming that:

1) Arranging the modulars in a square is optimal/preferable for some reason, even though most people seem to just arrange them in a line.

2) People have been collecting the modulars since the very beginning, even though most people have not. There are people who are buying PRs and DOs right now who don't even have a GE or TH, let alone CC/GG, and are nowhere near being able to make a complete square.

As has been said, they'll continue making them for as long as it is profitable to do so.

Edited by bricketycricket
  • Like 1

No reason to stop at four corners. If GE is not your thing or PC, then no reason to to create additional corner options for years to come.

Most city blocks are in my experience more rectangular (long) than square, but I don't think Lego has a particular shape in mind.  In the catalog photos, they frequently line them up so corner buildings are facing one another (with no street in between), which is pretty much an urban planning disaster.

I'm in for that action.  Your 20 PSs against my 1 PC?  You sound pretty sure, so 20-1 odds sounds about right.

Who wants to serve as escrow!?

I'll provide escrow services free of charge with the one clause that if PC and PS retire within 2 months of each other, bet is nullify and I keep the product. :D 

Most city blocks are in my experience more rectangular (long) than square, but I don't think Lego has a particular shape in mind.  In the catalog photos, they frequently line them up so corner buildings are facing one another (with no street in between), which is pretty much an urban planning disaster.

I can't imagine that too many people out there are planning to arrange their modulars in a single block anyway. In order not to look stupid, it would need to be accessible from all sides and require quite some space on its own.

What about something like this?

S = Straight

T = TH

C = Corner

S S S S

S CTC S

S     S

S CSC S

or

T

SC CS

SSSSS

• 2 weeks later...

I'm giving consideration on whether or not I should buy the Pet Shop from an investment perspective. Do you think it'll make a hefty profit, or would I be better off buying  PC instead?

PS has been around for a while now, likewise has PC. Are both a sure bet? I certainly favour the aesthetics of the PS ,however, I'm wondering, will it ever reach 100% profit? Are there any disadvantages in buying an investment PS?

Thanks in advance to anyone who offers helpful advice. ;)

I'm giving consideration on whether or not I should buy the Pet Shop from an investment perspective. Do you think it'll make a hefty profit, or would I be better off buying  PC instead?

PS has been around for a while now, likewise has PC. Are both a sure bet? I certainly favour the aesthetics of the PS ,however, I'm wondering, will it ever reach 100% profit? Are there any disadvantages in buying an investment PS?

Thanks in advance to anyone who offers helpful advice. ;)

I think the Pet Shop is a very "safe" investment. In my view it is desirable enough that it's virtually guaranteed to make a solid profit from, but it's also likely stockpiled to the extent that its ceiling will not be sky high either. The cinema will likely be the exact same story when it retires.

Edited by bricketycricket