10218 - Pet Shop

legoaddiction

When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?  

466 members have voted

1. 1. When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?

My Lego store says Town Hall and Grand Emporium will be in stock sooooooon!

I won't hold my breath.

Hmm... I highly doubt it. This post should definitely go in the "What did a Lego store employee tell you" thread. I bet there would be some great discussion... and controversy.

It wouldn't surprise me that Lego is going to screw all those investors stockpiling PS by a suddenly EOL of PC.

Official press release: 'Thank you all dear horders for increasing our ususally bad January sales by buying the PS in large numbers; in fact so large that we couldn't keep up with production. Now, due to bad sales of the PC we are going to retire this one and produce the PS for another 2 years'. :-P

Edited by JM123
  • Like 2

January 3rd week 2015

It does turn out to be January, but technically the months are not part of the seal codes at all.

The first two digits are the week...

of the year whose last digit corresponds with the seal code's last digit...

The third letter character tells you the location (go forum searching if you care about this)...

of when that particular box was PACKAGED.

See the ToO / 10237 thread for some interesting discussion, as there is no known way to determine when the parts inside were actually made.

It wouldn't surprise me that Lego is going to screw all those investors stockpiling PS by a suddenly EOL of PC.

Official press release: 'Thank you all dear horders for increasing our ususally bad January sales by buying the PS in large numbers; in fact so large that we couldn't keep up with production. Now, due to bad sales of the PC we are going to retire this one and produce the PS for another 2 years'. :-P

This is what I am afraid off. But will they remove all corner modulars off the market or will PC stay longer than usual until a new corner modular is made?

Are we now scaring ourselves off by thinking PC is retiring? OMG~~ I only have one myself!!! (Or two?)

I had been fine with all the speculation until someone (I can't remember his ID) mentioned the price point of older modulars vs newer ones last month. Well, it didn't trigger any thoughts of mine at first. But when it sank, it did start making sense. lol But who knows? I still didn't buy in more PC or PS since. Hmmm... TLG didn't even put retirement tag on GE, TH yet...