10218 - Pet Shop

legoaddiction

When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?  

466 members have voted

1. 1. When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?

Does anyone even have a true pet shop in there city or town anymore? Not the big chains that isnt even close to the experience you would get from the small time shops.  When I was younger every mall had one and many strip malls had them as well.  Reason I ask is my daughter thought this set looked cool and wanted to go to a real one.

Does anyone even have a true pet shop in there city or town anymore? Not the big chains that isnt even close to the experience you would get from the small time shops.  When I was younger every mall had one and many strip malls had them as well.  Reason I ask is my daughter thought this set looked cool and wanted to go to a real one.

Since my town is 25 years behind any other town, the small pet shop from my childhood we had in our Heck's shopping center is still there.

The problem with pet shops is almost all of them use dogs from puppy mills and many of them have issues and diseases. You're better off in a shelter that cares about the animals instead of a store that only cares about profit and nothing else.

• Like 3

Yes. But the ones here look like the chain stores (ie. bigger space in strip malls), none of them is located in 2 stories lofts

Probably a good reason why all the modulars are based on late 1800s and early 1900s.. If somebody wants to build a strip mall, I think the smaller creator line might be better suited.. ; )

Are there leaked pictures of Kwick-e-mart? I bet you could build fabulous strip mall using multiple Kwick-e-mart and some creative bricklinking....

Probably a good reason why all the modulars are based on late 1800s and early 1900s.. If somebody wants to build a strip mall, I think the smaller creator line might be better suited.. ; )

I do not want a shopping mall... the Pet Shop is perfect. It goes back to the good old days when people had a job and could pay their bills and could get their kids through college without a debt. Hence, they could even go on vacation once a year. That is what always strikes me when watching Back to the Future part I. When Marty is back in 1955 and he sees five men washing a car. Or maybe I am just crazy??

• Like 1

I do not want a shopping mall... the Pet Shop is perfect. It goes back to the good old days when people had a job and could pay their bills and could get their kids through college without a debt. Hence, they could even go on vacation once a year. That is what always strikes me when watching Back to the Future part I. When Marty is back in 1955 and he sees five men washing a car. Or maybe I am just crazy??

I am going to restrain myself from posting a modern photo of 5 women washing a car...

• Like 1

Yeah, it will be interesting to see what happens when new AFOLS are missing multiple modulars. One would assume that CC, GG and TH will all be out of reach pricewise within a few yeats and that may actually favour the more common ones like GE, FB and PS as they could be more affordable and more in demand.

Anyone who comes in now is going to be looking at spending serious cash on the modulars that have already EOl

The PS is extremely popular. It is one of the best value parts packs for bricklink sellers . It is very common for a collector to have 2 PS in a display as it is the only residential style modular and can be split up to flesh out the layout. The blue grocer is also becoming a very popular alternative for GG. If you MOC modulars you will most likely start with PS for the windows, doors etc and go from there. Would TLG extend the shelf life of a very popular selling modular? They did it with FB and GE so why not? I see this set as the backbone of the entire modular theme and it may be around for many years to come.

I agree. Besides the Green Grocer, the other Modulars are too "unrealistic" for many out there. The Pet Shop is a great "filler" set. While the Palace Cinema and Parisian Restaurant are awesome designs, many don't relate. I think you might see more of these everyday buildings in future designs.

I agree. Besides the Green Grocer, the other Modulars are too "unrealistic" for many out there. The Pet Shop is a great "filler" set. While the Palace Cinema and Parisian Restaurant are awesome designs, many don't relate. I think you might see more of these everyday buildings in future designs.

Detective's Office anyone?

Might have a few tweaks to add the usually playability, but otherwise it seems to be more "normal" than the PC and PR.

Detective's Office anyone?

Might have a few tweaks to add the usually playability, but otherwise it seems to be more "normal" than the PC and PR.