10218 - Pet Shop

legoaddiction

When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?  

466 members have voted

1. 1. When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?

Joking aside, it makes perfect sense to retire PC before PS as then they maintain the exclusivity element of the range and also get rid of the cheapest one. It seems to sell out slower than PS and PR so there is a case for it to work out like that  if we base or thinking on the modulars having a standard 48 month cycle with EXTENSION if they do well.

Joking aside, it makes perfect sense to retire PC before PS as then they maintain the exclusivity element of the range and also get rid of the cheapest one. It seems to sell out slower than PS and PR so there is a case for it to work out like that  if we base or thinking on the modulars having a standard 48 month cycle with EXTENSION if they do well.

I love coming to this site and sifting through hundreds of "it makes perfect sense to..." posts with far too much confidence in them and not nearly enough substance. I know it's a discussion forum but it's probably not necessary to post all of the speculative guesswork ideas that pop into your brain throughout the day.

• Like 2

Below from brickset

Reading the above comments, I decided to make a post here. There is quite a lot of confusion from lots of users who state that Astrid did the Palace Cinema. Well this is ~50% wrong, because the Palace Cinema co-designed by Jordan Schwartz and Astrid Graab

The "retire out of line" situation with mods will likely be confined to the Town Hall.

It was too large, and too uncomfortably priced. Thus, it sold slowly and killed shelf space. The other mods are selling, and selling well.

My advice:

Set an acquisition goal for PS, and start on that goal NOW.

As soon as you hit it, set your acquisition goal for PC and start on it.

The modular line are such strong investments that they aren't worth risking missing. Why wait?

The "retire out of line" situation with mods will likely be confined to the Town Hall.

It was too large, and too uncomfortably priced. Thus, it sold slowly and killed shelf space. The other mods are selling, and selling well.

My advice:

Set an acquisition goal for PS, and start on that goal NOW.

As soon as you hit it, set your acquisition goal for PC and start on it.

The modular line are such strong investments that they aren't worth risking missing. Why wait?

Can you post the sales numbers for the TH please.
  • Like 1

My "opinion" of the TH is based on weekly visits to five Southern California B&M shops, and the well-earned relationships I have earned with their staff and GM's. My information is accurate. 

I can't provide a specific number as, A) I am not psychic and B. I am not employed by TLG.

The fact that the TH was a long-term shelf-warmer wasn't news to anyone. Common sense and a basic understanding of supply/demand, and the cost of retail shelf space- make perfect sense for why the TH disappeared when it did. Again- pardon my lack of specific, down to the box numbers for you.

I am surprised it's news to a moderator on this site.

Thank you for your attempt at discrediting me, and my apologies to you for your epic fail.

Edited by Cross
  • Like 3