10224 - Town Hall

Ed Mack

What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?

• In 2014, tagged or labeled "retired"
    • In 2015 or later, tagged or labeled "retired"

The LEGO boomers (the generation that spent their childhood in the 80s), is just now entering their prime income earning years (mid/late 30s or early 40s).  The typical LEGO boomer has 2-3 kids, at least one is probably a boy, and that son is most likely at least 3 by now (I know girls like LEGO too).  This is the prime season of their life to leave the Dark Ages and rekindle their love for LEGO.  I think its only just begun.  Christmas of 2015 will be even more special when LEGO capitalizes on Star Wars.  After that will be the new LEGO movie featuring Batman and who knows what else LEGO has up its sleeve?

So I agree with Ed, I have no concerns that I won't be able to sell a TH, SSD or HH in 3-5 years for big bucks.

I also have no concerns about TH or HH , and i also hope that i'm wrong and there will be many completionist collectors in the next 4-5 years.

I can see TH at 600-700

Yes, non-US markets are different .  Hell, I don't even know of any non-US resellers.  LOL.  I guess my posts are always geared towards the American market, which is a lot more active.  One thing is certain though, history has shown that wealthy LEGO fans will pay top dollar for rare and wanted sets, regardless of the part of the world you are from.

Amen to that , and also thank you for the info about EOL of this set. Another interesting things is that in USA there are many investor and you see the online store that go OOS fast , here in Europe you can still buy online for 180-190 right now so less investor. But prices usually rise more fast in USA than Europe after EOL.

Or maybe in Europe people invest in the sets sooner than Usa ?

What also sucks in Europe, if you want to send a package to another country you pay a high price.

Just move. :) I love everything about Europe. However u ever watch that house hunters show on Europe like 300000 buys you a small apt where in the US I can get a house and a very very big one. How do you all even have room to tore ur lego over there....
  • Like 1

Just move. :) I love everything about Europe. However u ever watch that house hunters show on Europe like 300000 buys you a small apt where in the US I can get a house and a very very big one. How do you all even have room to tore ur lego over there....

hahahahahahaha

I have to laugh at the "get a house and a very very big one" for $300K, in the US.  You are right, you can get a very big house for $300K in most places in the US.  But, I live in SoCal, where you can't buy at house for $300K.

That's indeed true. Luckily I live in the far east of the Netherlands where you get much more value i.e. bigger houses and property for your money, so much easier to store all those Lego boxes. Overall, it's even much better In Germany (also depends where you live).

If you Americans are clever, you now convert your US dollars to Euro's.. Or buy some property somewhere in southern France. Euro depreciated / Dollar appreciated significantly thanks to Draghi last thursday / friday ;-)

Edited by JM123

We start using other people's property when we run out of our own places to store.

hahahahahahaha

I have to laugh at the "get a house and a very very big one" for $300K, in the US.  You are right, you can get a very big house for $300K in places in the US.  But, I live in SoCal, where you can't buy at house for $300K.

I guess I live in one of those places. A house near me recently sold for $300K and it had 3,750+ sq ft. Perfect house for the Lego investor who needs a lot of space to store Lego sets in various rooms.

Where I live you can get a 2500 sq foot house with high end finishes and 3 car attached garage, a detached 1500 sq foot outbuilding with heating/cooling/bathroom that matches the house and an inground pool for under $300K.  (The detached building would make a fabulous lego storage/workshop area)

I used to live in New England (CT to be specific) and $300K would barely buy you a vintage 1970's starter home with lovely olive green shag carpeting. 

Where I live you can get a 2500 sq foot house with high end finishes and 3 car attached garage, a detached 1500 sq foot outbuilding with heating/cooling/bathroom that matches the house and an inground pool for under $300K. (The detached building would make a fabulous lego storage/workshop area)

I used to live in New England (CT to be specific) and $300K would barely buy you a vintage 1970's starter home with lovely olive green shag carpeting.

I need to live there. I have a townhouse. It works great but it's just me.

I need to live there. I have a townhouse. It works great but it's just me.

I'm a townhouse dweller too, with a wife and kid. But in Vancouver, property prices are through the roof. Half a mill gets you a 1700sq townhouse and that's 30min outside of Vancouver. Downtown van apartments are pushing New York/ London prices. It's ridiculous

I guess I live in one of those places. A house near me recently sold for $300K and it had 3,750+ sq ft. Perfect house for the Lego investor who needs a lot of space to store Lego sets in various rooms.

Yeah, living in SoCal, I pay the sunshine tax.  A 1400 sq ft house in my neighborhood is $350K.  The biggest, e.***., the Town Hall sized home (to keep this on topic), is 2800 sq ft and $525K.

Yeah, living in SoCal, I pay the sunshine tax.  A 1400 sq ft house in my neighborhood is $350K.  The biggest, e.***., the Town Hall sized home (to keep this on topic), is 2800 sq ft and $525K.

That's expensive! I guess the downside of living in upstate NY is all the snow we get every year, and the occasional blizzard.

Lego is not going to sell anything in China, until they're ready to sell minifigs for $.50 each and compete with the counterfeiters.  TLG is about as innocent and clueless as UniKitty.  I keep waiting (and hoping) for them to suddenly morph into AngryKitty and go all KraGl on the Chinese...

No. Lego, real actual Lego, sells very well in China. Even right alongside the counterfeits. Where do you think I've sold my Tumblers?!

TLG is well aware of the counterfeiters. Their legal team is actively pursuing legal action in China (which they summed up by saying basically: lol, good luck to us!). They have been to the trade city in Yiwu and seen all the knockoff offerings first hand and are doing their best (lol, good luck) to get rid of the blatant copiers.

• Like 3