10224 - Town Hall

Ed Mack

What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?

• In 2014, tagged or labeled "retired"
    • In 2015 or later, tagged or labeled "retired"

Well stated. Also, lego probably doesn't enjoy dealing with massive returns when a set that appeared to be eol blazes back to life with no discernible end.

That is a good point. LEGO should not care about people buying and holding the sets for indefinite amount of time. However, the returns (especially the ones without receipts) have got to hurt their logistics.

The question has been answered several times in the last few hundred pages.  To be honest with you, the new policy will help some smart resellers quite a bit if true and will hurt others quite a bit if the wrong sets are hoarded.

I wasn't asking what the affects will be. I was asking WHY lego is making a change. I don't remember that being stated by you anywhere in the last few hundred pages and I am certainly not going to go re-read it all. I about lost my sanity reading it the first time. :)

i don't think TLG takes resellers into account for any decisions related to production.

that's like asking if the dog is concerned about the well-being of the flies swarming over its droppings.

this is simple - its about money.  

i think there is an overestimation of the contribution of the reseller hoarding to LEGO's revenue.

if LEGO revenue was so greatly influenced by the resellers, LEGO investors would all be screwed because it means demand is pathetic.

• Like 1

I wasn't asking what the affects will be. I was asking WHY lego is making a change. I don't remember that being stated by you anywhere in the last few hundred pages and I am certainly not going to go re-read it all. I about lost my sanity reading it the first time. :)

Who knows, but chance favors the prepared mind...

• Like 2

I have "1-clicked" the 199 price about 50 times and it never works...what is your secret guys? Closer to the server hub? Some fancy browser trick? I only want one more.

I didn't get any this time, but previously switching browsers has sometimes worked for me. I was able to add to cart in chrome, but not in IE.
  • Like 1