10224 - Town Hall

Ed Mack

What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?

• In 2014, tagged or labeled "retired"
    • In 2015 or later, tagged or labeled "retired"

The Town Hall is retired as far as I know and I do not believe it will make a comeback with the exception of a sporadic and short lived in stock

Its hard to say that it is retired, all what we see can be just a panic (started on this web page) + double vip points period + Xmas time. Town hall can be just sold out after this factors and can come back in normal calm time in January.

TH can be retired, but now its about a panic, not about real signals of retiring.

Its hard to say that it is retired, all what we see can be just a panic (started on this web page) + double vip points period + Xmas time. Town hall can be just sold out after this factors and can come back in normal calm time in January.

TH can be retired, but now its about a panic, not about real signals of retiring.

Hmmm, the set has been 'Sold Out' from LEGO Shop at Home EU for the last 2 weeks, it's gone from Amazon and several other retailers. True, it has done a few appearances but have been short lived. Look at the Tower of Orthanac, out of stock but you are still able to order it.

I don't need a TLG CS rep to come and knock at my door and tell me that it is gone.

I think the set was sold out everywhere before I mentioned anything. You can correct me if I'm wrong.

Hmmm, the set has been 'Sold Out' from LEGO Shop at Home EU for the last 2 weeks, it's gone from Amazon and several other retailers. True, it has done a few appearances but have been short lived. Look at the Tower of Orthanac, out of stock but you are still able to order it.

I don't need a TLG CS rep to come and knock at my door and tell me that it is gone.

For me it is strange, that this panic is just about TH and not about PS, which is older modular - I can understand if TLC will end 2-3 modulars together (because there is many modulars in market), but dont understand why the retired modulars are not the ones which are oldest - so if TLC end **** + PS, its logic, also ****+PS+TH, but not ****+TH. It would be extremly out of logic. But PS is still available, just with late shipping date. Together with the fact that the discussion about possible end of PS was much smaller, it leads to my conclusion that we see a panic buy of TH and that the end of TH is not something normal and planned by TLC, just actual situation reflecting the panic buy.

For me it is strange, that this panic is just about TH and not about PS, which is older modular - I can understand if TLC will end 2-3 modulars together (because there is many modulars in market), but dont understand why the retired modulars are not the ones which are oldest - so if TLC end **** + PS, its logic, also ****+PS+TH, but not ****+TH. It would be extremly out of logic. But PS is still available, just with late shipping date. Together with the fact that the discussion about possible end of PS was much smaller, it leads to my conclusion that we see a panic buy of TH and that the end of TH is not something normal and planned by TLC, just actual situation reflecting the panic buy.

I think that this is what Ed has talked about previously, about the incoming chaos.

Resellers had it as a thumb rule that modulars should retire fifo - first in, fiirst out -, but my money is on the assumption that Lego is changing this to blow resellers away, no longer ordered retirement but 'randomnized' retirement.

I think that this is what Ed has talked about previously, about the incoming chaos.

Resellers had it as a thumb rule that modulars should retire fifo - first in, fiirst out -, but my money is on the assumption that Lego is changing this to blow resellers away, no longer ordered retirement but 'randomnized' retirement.

I dont think that TLC is making its strategy considering the resellers. It would be funny to see that TLC is finishing some sets just to confuse the resellers. TLC is producing the sets based on their popularity and a long term strategy. We are not important for TLC. TLC is a gigant company with huge profits and resellers are just parasites, which want to participate on this business, but are just eating the crumbs.

If TLC wants to destroy the resellers, there are many other stronger instruments, such as reeditions, fake "retired" notices after 1-2 years from the release date and resurrection of the set after 1 year, etc. But not finishing some sets before older sets. If TH ends this year and PS next year, the only reason is a bad selling numbers for TLC compared to other modulars.

so why the f*ck is it then still on your site @retail. Indeed crappy website and also ignorant staff.

Hmmmm maybe they made an update in their website to create a section for the detective agency (set still invisible though, if you're not the webmaster) and an old modular (the fire brigade) re-appeared by accident (because the webmaster used old datas of the modulars section of the website's structure).

(just another random guess, but who knows, I may be right)

Do you know for a fact that LEGO has produced one PS after the last produced TH? Why should the available stock disappear at the same time? Nobody can control how fast that happens. Well, you could with promotions, retiring soon tags and in some cases we have seen that even with just rumors, but the first two, which can be controlled by LEGO or official resellers, have not been used for this modulars.

You admit ****, PS, TH could retire together. Why don

I dont think that TLC is making its strategy considering the resellers. It would be funny to see that TLC is finishing some sets just to confuse the resellers. TLC is producing the sets based on their popularity and a long term strategy. We are not important for TLC. TLC is a gigant company with huge profits and resellers are just parasites, which want to participate on this business, but are just eating the crumbs.

If TLC wants to destroy the resellers, there are many other stronger instruments, such as reeditions, fake "retired" notices after 1-2 years from the release date and resurrection of the set after 1 year, etc. But not finishing some sets before older sets. If TH ends this year and PS next year, the only reason is a bad selling numbers for TLC compared to other modulars.

We are not important to TLG? You didn't see the fuzz resellers caused when 21110 was dried up within weeks of its release, did you?

Randomnizing retirement is a way for them to screw up investing strategies.

Random = chaos.

• Like 1

We are not important to TLG? You didn't see the fuzz resellers caused when 21110 was dried up within weeks of its release, did you?

Randomnizing retirement is a way for them to screw up investing strategies.

Random = chaos.

One thing is when resellers speed-up the sale of some set, other thing is finishing with some set in order to make chaos for resellers - its sounds strange.

To be TLC, I would rather produce more TH after this panic and sell this set 2 years more with normal production numbers - and be laughing that resellers just help increasing my profit.

One thing is when resellers speed-up the sale of some set, other thing is finishing with some set in order to make chaos for resellers - its sounds strange.

To be TLC, I would rather produce more TH after this panic and sell this set 2 years more with normal production numbers - and be laughing that resellers just help increasing my profit.

Or they can use the capacity freed up by retiring TH to make eg. some lucrative selling friends sets for China.

My order from 29 oct just got cancelled after being a week under "Please call CS" status..:/

Yes, mine too. I pulled in 10 orders TH.. this because earlier orders were cancelled, so every time it appeared I ordered some. Total damage: Everything cancelled except 3 orders of 1 piece that show the status 'In Warehouse'.

Furthermore, I'm really worried about PS too. Here in Holland it's almost everywhere disappeared. Only a few online retailers have them still in stock.. Hope there will be time to acquire more of them at a discount before it's too late :-(

Edited by JM123

For me it is strange, that this panic is just about TH and not about PS, which is older modular - I can understand if TLC will end 2-3 modulars together (because there is many modulars in market), but dont understand why the retired modulars are not the ones which are oldest - so if TLC end GH + PS, its logic, also GH+PS+TH, but not GH+TH. It would be extremly out of logic. But PS is still available, just with late shipping date. Together with the fact that the discussion about possible end of PS was much smaller, it leads to my conclusion that we see a panic buy of TH and that the end of TH is not something normal and planned by TLC, just actual situation reflecting the panic buy.

But as I stated to you earlier, the Town Hall was gone from all US retailers before anyone even noticed.  Read back in the thread.  Panic buying didn't sell this set out.  Resellers buying up a few remaining sets over the past month or so has nothing to do with the initial "Sold Out" notation.  This set flew under the radar for months.  No More Monkeys pointed out originally that the set was reduced to a 2 purchase limit and some people started to notice...

Posted 17 September 2014 - 03:34 PM

This is limit 2 at LEGO Shop at Home. PetShop and Palace Cinema are at limit 5. No way Townhall could retire before Pet Shop, right?

It wasn't until weeks later and after the fact it was sold out everywhere that I made this comment...

Posted 02 October 2014 - 01:34 PM

Very soon, this will be the busiest thread on the site.  

The set was history in the US at that point IMO...and many never did and still don't believe it.  Oh well, to each his own.  Can LEGO continue production of this set.  Sure.  But I highly doubt it.