10224 - Town Hall

Ed Mack

What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?

• In 2014, tagged or labeled "retired"
    • In 2015 or later, tagged or labeled "retired"

Don't feel sorry. It's upto every investor to regularly check stock availability. I mean, I bought way before this 'incident' happened and just extended my stock with 2 but the majority of TH, I had already bought. One should be prepared and not wait until others feed them the info.

Tnx! Risk Management is indeed required in this game if you want to be successful. In the future, maybe it's better to disclose information not before it's actually happening.

Tnx! Risk Management is indeed required in this game if you want to be successful. In the future, maybe it's better to disclose information not before it's actually happening.

You can always disclose information, but the rest should be smart enough to treat it like "what a Lego employee just told me"

@ JM123: 

It is happening - maybe your source is German?!  :victory:

4Azat1n.jpg

The only problem is fineprint says "no LEGO Specials" - so it didn't apply to Town Hall which obviously was a Special. What makes it even stranger is that at 0:00 a.m. 44 Town Halls were available and all of a sudden 10 minutes later it was sold out. 

But thanks anyways for your information.

No hard feelings JM123, i found the toychamp site myself this morning and already placed an order.

It's al in the game ;-)

Hope intertoys still starts the 15% discount one of these days, perhaps there are some other nice sets worth buying.

Ed probably knows his way around but still it is funny how he can post random cryptic stuff and people here start discussing like crazy about it.

Anyhow it's a nice way to get more posts and thus a new BP-Rank...

Actually there are quite a few big things coming next year though I doubt that anybody here will be "blown away".

Actually there are quite a few big things coming next year though I doubt that anybody here will be "blown away".

I couldn't help but notice you put "blown away" in quotations. Are you hinting at the 1994 movie starring Jeff BRIDGES, meaning we will see 10214 retire next year?

Or perhaps you are referring to his co-star, Tommy Lee Jones who also played in The Fugative with Harrison Ford who will be in the new Star Wars movie...

Are you saying we will be getting a UCS Carbonite Han Solo bust?!? HOLY S&@^ man, this is huge news.

• Like 1

First time posting. My wife suggested to buy from Intertoys.nl before midnight at the retail price of Eur 180. Instead of the assumed discount after midnight. I am glad I listened to her, considering it was no longer in stock after midnight.

I reached my target of Town Hall (30x), as well as Grand Emporium (36x). I will know focus on Pet Shop. My gut feeling is that this set may last until 2015, but I am not taking changes after I missed out on Haunted House.

I noticed that my order via US Lego Shop @ Home was not processed yet (for AA and ToO). Does anybody have experience with using your Lego Shop @ Home account for shipments to the US (New York) and The Netherlands, or similar?
In the past I also shipped 2x Green Grocer to the NY office address during the Christmas shopping period, and at that time it was processed without any problems.

Here is an idea: the modular buildings are nowadays under the label Creator Expert. The Parisian Restaurant design is not as bulky as the other modulars, it s quite sleek and you could imagine the future modulars following this trend. The Town Hall on the other hand is the opposite of this, its the biggest and bulkiest modular.

Now what if they desided (inspired by its success) to take the creator expert line mainstream? Meaning available everywhere and not as exclusives. I dont mean every set (obviously not Sydney Opera House type sets) but some selected ones at 80 to 150$ price point. Could include some future PR type modulars. Would that kind of approach work for Lego and what would it mean for us?

Here is an idea: the modular buildings are nowadays under the label Creator Expert. The Parisian Restaurant design is not as bulky as the other modulars, it s quite sleek and you could imagine the future modulars following this trend. The Town Hall on the other hand is the opposite of this, its the biggest and bulkiest modular.

Now what if they desided (inspired by its success) to take the creator expert line mainstream? Meaning available everywhere and not as exclusives. I dont mean every set (obviously not Sydney Opera House type sets) but some selected ones at 80 to 150$ price point. Could include some future PR type modulars. Would that kind of approach work for Lego and what would it mean for us?

And why exactly would they do this? In Europe, the modular building series is available in almost every store. They are barely what you could call exclusive.

Edited by Neosphinx

More sales. By lowering the price point just a bit they could sell even more, and enough to warrant mainstream availability.

I agree to a point what you said about availability in EU right now, but the situation is not as you described in majority of european countries. Maybe it is as you say in Holland and Belgium (Germany, UK) but there are many places exclusives are still rare.

And why exactly would they do this? In Europe, the modular building series is available in almost every store. They are barely what you could call exclusive.

Unfortunately this does not count for Germany (What about other European countries?). As only the latest modulars are sold by a few stores (PC + PR via Kaufhof). Toy shops in Germany do not carry the exclusive line...

Just called Intertoys to ask if I can order some TH of GE, because what happened to their stock this weekend (vanished immediately). Well, the store manager could tell me that a guy calling before me just ordered the complete left TH stock (24 pieces at retail price) :-P  wtf hahah. He called again to headquarters to see if there was some left.. but totally nothing.

So, there was indeed stock left at Intertoys, regardless it disappeared on the site. I ordered a few more via ToyChamp, so I don't care.. retail price = retail price.

Also called Lego this morning, the guy took a look in the inventory system and said there was no TH left. They also apologized, because chances were almost zero that backorders will be fulfilled. He also said it is done, no more to come. He advised me to grab what I can in the stores.. he predicted that prices of TH will soar the following weeks.

It's time to pay retail while you can.. this baby is worth every dime at the moment at the moment.

Edited by JM123

Re

Just called Intertoys to ask if I can order some TH of GE, because what happened to their stock this weekend (vanished immediately). Well, the store manager could tell me that a guy calling before me just ordered the complete left TH stock (24 pieces at retail price) :-P  wtf hahah. He called again to headquarters to see if there was some left.. but totally nothing.

So, there was indeed stock left at Intertoys, regardless it disappeared on the site. I ordered a few more via ToyChamp, so I don't care.. retail price = retail price.

This (Intertoys) is still a strange story. I also ordered some more at ToyChamp mainly because of your (other) worrying news about Lego Shop @ Home.
The oldest order that I have that is pending at Lego Shop @ Home is from October 21. TH went out-of-stock on October 29. If all the pending orders cannot be fulfilled I would be very surprised.

Edited by oppositemarco

I think the sudden disapearing of TH in certain stores is what we talked about earlier and it is them sending a piece of stock back to Lego to make back orders, if there is remains of a stock, it then disapears rapidly in the claws of investors.

And why would they do that? The simpler explanation is, that there are people out there willing to buy 30 or more TH's in one purchase. 

Unfortunately this does not count for Germany (What about other European countries?). As only the latest modulars are sold by a few stores (PC + PR via Kaufhof). Toy shops in Germany do not carry the exclusive line...

Over here almost all medium to large toy stores carry them. Not so exclusive.