10224 - Town Hall

Ed Mack

What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?

• In 2014, tagged or labeled "retired"
    • In 2015 or later, tagged or labeled "retired"

The problem is they need more storage - more storage - more costs - more people for shipping etc.

As one in the print & fulfillment industry let me tell you the costs for storage and shipping and more staffing including temps are not that significant in terms of their overall bottom line.  If they sold things at MSRP and did not have to sell at 60% of cost or whatever it is to Amazon, Target, etc then the cost of their servers, customer service & fulfillment company would not be a concern.  I am strictly speaking of this changing for the US.  They need resellers everywhere else as they are not as populated yet.

Hmm, so, at least, Ed did not invoke Newton's flaming laser sword, which is good I guess.

In its weakest form it says that we should not dispute propositions unless they can be shown by precise logic and/or mathematics to have observable consequences. In its strongest form it demands a list of observable consequences and a formal demonstration that they are indeed consequences of the proposition claimed

Newtonwithlightsaber.jpeg

Edited by No More Monkeys
  • Like 2

As one in the print & fulfillment industry let me tell you the costs for storage and shipping and more staffing including temps are not that significant in terms of their overall bottom line.  If they sold things at MSRP and did not have to sell at 60% of cost or whatever it is to Amazon, Target, etc then the cost of their servers, customer service & fulfillment company would not be a concern.  I am strictly speaking of this changing for the US.  They need resellers everywhere else as they are not as po

The us system is a little bit  different

An employe gets salary -35-50% at the end of the month 14times/year.

But the employe costs the company salary *2 *14

Thats the system in austria. And then its a big difference if i need more people ;)

The problem is they need more storage - more storage - more costs - more people for shipping etc.

This is why Lego will continue their partnership with TRU Target Walmart & Amazon online.  There is a reason why other sites are selling sold out products and Lego has none left.

And also because they buy all the others smaller Lego Sets buy the millions throughtout & have 20 yards of Toy Space in each Store:)

Edited by Kodiak10

Nothing to fear...for some...

The simple view on this would be 10 sets are retiring and as long as you stocked up on them there's nothing to fear

but why would you actually fear if you missed out on something you just missed out

the reason fear Thel part of me makes me think there is a great class distinction divide coming that will segregate people not based on what they purchased but on who they are that's what bothers me and I fear

But since Ed said keep it simple stupid in very fancy words I think the answer is 10 sets are retiring and you're in great shape if you stocked up on the right ones

• Like 1

The simple view on this would be 10 sets are retiring and as long as you stocked up on them there's nothing to fear

but why would you actually fear if you missed out on something you just missed out

the reason fear Thel part of me makes me think there is a great class distinction divide coming that will segregate people not based on what they purchased but on who they are that's what bothers me and I fear

But since Ed said keep it simple stupid in very fancy words I think the answer is 10 sets are retiring and you're in great shape if you stocked up on the right ones

where is the quote of the 10 sets? 

It just seems weird that so many would retire so quickly.

I think Ed and everyone else would discourage running out and dumping a bunch of money into 10 sets because of speculation about retirement. It's said here all the time, but only spend what you have... Don't want anyone getting caught up in the hype of 10 sets retiring and spending themselves into debt based on speculation.