10224 - Town Hall

Ed Mack

What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?

• In 2014, tagged or labeled "retired"
    • In 2015 or later, tagged or labeled "retired"

Coolshop.co.uk everything is over priced but town hall isn't too bad price.

youv just got scammed I ordered a th from coolshop the other they asked me for my passport and driving liscense they are based abroad and are dutsch I think. I phones my bank so yeah you've just lost out on

Ok, I don't understand, theres so much interest in the Town Hall now, when previously there wasn't, as it wasn't selling at all, then Lego decides to retire it, and all those collectors (who delay the purchase because they were buying something else, start to panic.

But if there's reduced interest now, I would also assume there won't be much interest post retirement, so the ROI won't be as high as well?

Look at what is so awesome in this set: Government building (centrepiece to go with your central station MOC), marriage scene, And you can use the rare red-orange bricks for parts and for building other modular mocs (ie schoolhouses, churches) or any building that uses such commonly seen bricks in the real world, like the famous XXXX Brewery in Brisbane...

F-me. Those red-orange bricks.

For example. that 1x1x8 brick ONLY appears in this set, and remember the prices of Green Grocer sand-green bricks in the aftermarket?? Given Town Hall's poor reception among the community we may not see this color again in a long, long time.

Edited by thehornedrat

Ok, I don't understand, theres so much interest in the Town Hall now, when previously there wasn't, as it wasn't selling at all, then Lego decides to retire it, and all those collectors (who delay the purchase because they were buying something else, start to panic.

But if there's reduced interest now, I would also assume there won't be much interest post retirement, so the ROI won't be as high as well?

Look at what is so awesome in this set: Government building (centrepiece to go with your central station MOC), marriage scene, And you can use the rare red-orange bricks for parts and for building other modular mocs (ie schoolhouses, churches) or any building that uses such commonly seen bricks in the real world, like the famous XXXX Brewery in Brisbane...

For example. that 1x1x8 brick ONLY appears in this set, and remember the prices of Green Grocer sand-green bricks in the aftermarket?? Given Town Hall's poor reception among the community we may not see this color again in a long, long time.

Factor in the fact that collectors thought Grand Emporium was going first, Pet shop going next, Town hall third and you'll have your answer. ROI will be just fine, no worries.

Edited by Neosphinx

For example. that 1x1x8 brick ONLY appears in this set, and remember the prices of Green Grocer sand-green bricks in the aftermarket??

If TH gets retired, then even same level of demand will be met with greatly diminished supply(no new manufacturing, and less units hoarded). Plus, there is always "people want what they can't get", so retirement will boost up demand based on that mysterious psycho-sociological factor. The "interest" you are seeing now is investment interest, plus maybe some elevated interest for collectors who assumed chronological retirment, and who don't have enough capital to buy everything currently available within short period of time (apparently, there are Lego collectors with limited disposable income)

Guest TabbyBoy

As of 09:30 this morning, my "marked" one is still on the shelf at John Lewis, Reading.  Look for a tiny 2mm circle of grey masking tape in the dead centre of the clock on the box.  It's invisible until you know where to look.  I'll hang on until the next 2xVIP month when they are in the newer/smaller boxes.

Pfff.. TH inventory going fast @ Intertoys.nl 104 available now, this morning 144. So 40 pieces sold this day.. please hold on till sunday  :sorry:

I can't believe Nederlanders are rushing into this set so quickly. These sets are more likely coming back to lego to fulfill some of their backorders.

edit: I mean, there are some chance that the number of sets will not decrease that fast until sunday

Edited by biniou

As far as my knowledge and sources go, the answer to your question is in these pages. Several perceptive members figured out the reason for the possible early retirement of the Town Hall.

Does that imply that at some point the "reason" will become generally known?  I've never thought particularly about there being a reason for any previous EOL, other than TLG decided it was time.

I can't believe Nederlanders are rushing into this set so quickly. These sets are more likely coming back to lego to fulfill some of their backorders.

edit: I mean, there are some chance that the number of sets will not decrease that fast until sunday

I don't think that it the case. I was monitoring stock on various online retail stores in Europe and TH stock almost didn't change until LEGO Shop at Home Europe marked it as Sold Out. From just that moment it went crazy but always 1-4 at a time, but that every 30 minutes. I don't think it makes economic sense to send back to LEGO in batches of 1-4, I don't even think it would make sense to send a batch of 50 or of any number. The speed has slowed down a bit, but if LEGO doesn't distribute more TH's, soon there will be no online retailer with TH stock in Europe, just as in the US...

Edited by macdroid

I don't think that it the case. I was monitoring stock on various online retail stores in Europe and TH stock almost didn't change until LEGO Shop at Home Europe marked it as retired. From just that moment it went crazy but always 1-4 at a time, but that every 30 minutes. I don't think it makes economic sense to send back to LEGO in batches of 1-4, I don't even think it would make sense to send a batch of 50 or of any number. The speed has slowed down a bit, but if LEGO doesn't distribute more TH's, soon there will be no online retailer with TH stock in Europe, just as in the US...

I just checked all of the countries in and around the eurozone.  None of them show it marked as retired.  Where are you seeing this?