10224 - Town Hall

Ed Mack

What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?

• In 2014, tagged or labeled "retired"
    • In 2015 or later, tagged or labeled "retired"

Too much diversity? Have you looked at most of the other themes lately? Personally I think a bit of diversity and availability helps a person want to start collecting. Not everyone wants to drop that much money on a row of buildings all at once, but may be willing to do it over the course of a couple of years to get caught up. Less diversity and a once a year set release could make the theme a bit less appealing to start collecting for those that are new to the modular world.

*Spoken as a collector who is pissed about Town Hall disappearing out of order not long after deciding to start buying modulars.

edit: In response to post 1819 by Neosphinx

Edited by Zurno

Too much diversity? Have you looked at most of the other themes lately? Personally I think a bit of diversity and availability helps a person want to start collecting. Not everyone wants to drop that much money on a row of buildings all at once, but may be willing to do it over the course of a couple of years to get caught up. Less diversity and a once a year set release could make the theme a bit less appealing to start collecting for those that are new to the modular world.

*Spoken as a collector who is pissed about Town Hall disappearing out of order not long after deciding to start buying modulars.

If you would look at it like that, Green Grocer and Cafe Corner would still have to be available for all starting modular building series collectors. With limiting the variety of sets, they will cut costs of production. I think TLC can get a lot more profit by using the freed up machines for making cheaper toys for Chinese children, instead of making toys for a group that was not even part of their core activities until a decade ago. The margin on 10x a SW battle pack is, I assume higher, then selling 1xTH. As you stated, you look at it from a pov of a collector, not a company. 

If you would look at it like that, Green Grocer and Cafe Corner would still have to be available for all starting modular building series collectors. With limiting the variety of sets, they will cut costs of production. I think TLC can get a lot more profit by using the freed up machines for making cheaper toys for Chinese children, instead of making toys for a group that was not even part of their core activities until a decade ago. The margin on 10x a SW battle pack is, I assume higher, then selling 1xTH. As you stated, you look at it from a pov of a collector, not a company.

I think cafe corner and green grocer not being available doesn't deter as long as there are enough sets available at retail to make people feel like they haven't missed the boat. Granted if only the TH gets axed early and they stick to 4 sets available at a time, they may be able to keep people from feeling that. Any less and I think it will feel a bit underwhelming. If anything they should just let things run on backorder more if they need to free up production capacity.

I think cafe corner and green grocer not being available doesn't deter as long as there are enough sets available at retail to make people feel like they haven't missed the boat. Granted if only the TH gets axed early and they stick to 4 sets available at a time, they may be able to keep people from feeling that. Any less and I think it will feel a bit underwhelming. If anything they should just let things run on backorder more if they need to free up production capacity.

Well, since there will be a new modular out, the assortiment will consist of 4 modular building so that seeems acceptable to you?

• Like 1

Dear Lego friends,

For all you Dutch investors (perhaps also other countries with Dutch contacts): Intertoys.nl will have upcoming sunday 2th of November a 15% discount on their entire webshop collection. It is from a highly trusted source. This means TH's for 153 euro and GE for 135 euro. There are now more than hundred in stock, let's buy this **** saturday night before the 'normal' people can buy one, so we can sell it with big profits later on to them :-p

Good luck! I will also make a specific topic in the 'european deals' area of this forum.

• Like 2

Well, since there will be a new modular out, the assortiment will consist of 4 modular building so that seeems acceptable to you?

4 does seem acceptable to me. Retiring two so close to each other and out of order is a slap to the face for those of us who had planned on buying one for their collection in December or January.