10224 - Town Hall

Ed Mack

What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?

• In 2014, tagged or labeled "retired"
    • In 2015 or later, tagged or labeled "retired"

warning, high level of speculation engaged, warning, warning...

The re release will be around until 2017 however ;)

I would say it'll be the next one after the detective agency (december 2015/january 2016).

I don't think lego designers have already decided for sure what will be the 2017 modular.

Sir ed stated the reason of the retirement is nor because of the box's size, neither because of its price or sales, so it's about the set itself (or the whole theme).

I still think about a modular which will look too much like the current TH.

Maybe just a remake (as somes sets are in the SW theme, like the Jabba's Barge), or because Ed refered to Chaos, a TH from a brand new theme, stoping the modulars (and beginning another one, let's say with smaller sets).

Ed said that "one day, the TH will perform well", IMO it can mean not before the frenzy of the incoming, and then newly released "new TH"/theme, will be done.

So a nice ROI but not before 2017/18, when everybody will be a little tired of the "new TH"/theme released on 2015/16 and want to look at the old version.

Edited by biniou

Out of everything else, this could well be. We didn't even see the (supposedly) new detective agency yet - which might well be too similar. But common - most of the rest (most of the 90+ pages) is speculation, some of it quite wild.

At least one thing was sure: Ed's statement that this thread would be soon busy was kind of a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Not sure if (among the rumors) this could signal a wind-down of the large modulars in favor of something friendlier to the younger crowd, but I will say that I recently bought the Mountain Hut (31025) and as a "mini-modular" it is a superb set. My 5-year-old loved to help build it, the thing has a ton of small details and was well thought out...and it comes with two alternate designs. Don't know any numbers, but I wonder if these 3-in-1 small Creator houses have been making some big bucks for Lego.

Lol mine has a waiting list.

Aww :(

I know some in Toronto do this, but Sherway doesn't seem to have waiting list, just first come first serve. They also do holds if you call in the day they get/expect stock of certain items.

I'm still on a waiting list at another store in Toronto for a Tumbler, have been for a long time. Whereas in that span of time I've picked up 2 from Sherway without a silly list.

I recently bought the Mountain Hut (31025) and as a "mini-modular" it is a superb set. My 5-year-old loved to help build it, the thing has a ton of small details and was well thought out...and it comes with two alternate designs.

A friend of mine owns this set, it's really great and he loves it. Though the 2 alternate versions are nice but as always, not as better as the main one.

Lego designers are doing an amazing job on their sets with few pieces recently.

Aww :(

I know some in Toronto do this, but Sherway doesn't seem to have waiting list, just first come first serve. They also do holds if you call in the day they get/expect stock of certain items.

I'm still on a waiting list at another store in Toronto for a Tumbler, have been for a long time. Whereas in that span of time I've picked up 2 from Sherway without a silly list.

Sucks for me

Edited by WCH

warning, high level of speculation engaged, warning, warning...

I would say it'll be the next one after the detective agency (december 2015/january 2016).

I don't think lego designers have already decided for sure what will be the 2017 modular.

Sir ed stated the reason of the retirement is nor because of the box's size, neither because of its price or sales, so it's about the set itself (or the whole theme).

Maybe just a remake (as somes sets are in the SW theme, like the Jabba's Barge), or because Ed refered to Chaos, a TH from a brand new theme, stoping the modulars (and beginning another one, let's say with smaller sets).

Ed said that "one day, the TH will perform well", IMO it can mean not before the frenzy of the incoming, and then newly released "new TH"/theme, will be done.

So a nice ROI but not before 2017/18, when everybody will be a little tired of the "new TH"/theme released on 2015/16 and want to look at the old version.

Hmm

A remake would kill the profit imho and ed would buy the th's with pleasure... So iam not sure - i still think its not good to have more than 3 modulars @the same time

• Like 1

So looks like Lego site is back to normal and my order status has returned to backordered.

Anyone who thought their order was cancelled might want to check again, there was obviously an issue with the lego site.

Mine is still showing "please check later" on all orders

Hmm

A remake would kill the profit imho and ed would buy the th's with pleasure... So iam not sure - i still think its not good to have more than 3 modulars @the same time

Too much diversity in the product range can and will harm the revenue of all the  sets in the theme so to me also it seems a logical choice to thin them out.