10224 - Town Hall

Ed Mack

What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?

• In 2014, tagged or labeled "retired"
    • In 2015 or later, tagged or labeled "retired"

I think some people purposely made crazy speculations so ed would post more info to calm it down. Pretty funny to watch. Eol out of order makes the most sense.

But what's the fun in that ? Everyone knows TLC reserves the right to retire any set at any time and to change their minds at the very last minute. If you did not know that, you do now. :P

I am much interested in discovering the connection between Oz and Willy Wonka. Methinks after 50 years, the Wizard was just bored with Oz and return to earth as Willy Wonka... So the next modular is crazy candy factory.... !! How is that for speculation ??? :D :D :D

But what's the fun in that ? Everyone knows TLC reserves the right to retire any set at any time and to change their minds at the very last minute. If you did not know that, you do now. :P

I am much interested in discovering the connection between Oz and Willy Wonka. Methinks after 50 years, the Wizard was just bored with Oz and return to earth as Willy Wonka... So the next modular is crazy candy factory.... !! How is that for speculation ??? :D :D :D

Willy Wonka is a very smart man...way ahead of his time.

http://screennamemissing.tumblr.com/post/84328505899/the-red-brick-road-theory-the-wizard-of-oz-is

You didn't mention Oz, but I feel like you were subtly hinting at it in that above quote.

Ah Jeez, I can't keep out of this train wreck.

Has anybody pointed out that Frank Oz is the voice of Yoda in Star Wars?  So obviously the modular series is being replaced with a UCS Dagobah Swamp, no?

Or is it the other Oz...  Man, that one is a copyright nightmare, no one party controls the rights to the brand and part of it is in the public domain. Of course 2014 is the 75th anniversary of the MGM motion picture, which naturally means that we are about to see a new Friends minidoll in a gingham dress, which will kick off an entire Judy Garland theme, followed quickly by a Liza Minelli theme, crowned with a 10,000 piece "Money Makes The World Go Around" set - which will be TLG's secret wink that the investment buyers will never be let down.

Or not...