10224 - Town Hall

Ed Mack

What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?

• In 2014, tagged or labeled "retired"
    • In 2015 or later, tagged or labeled "retired"

They do not have unlimited capacity. Lots of new themes coming next year. I am guessing Detective Agency will be the last modular. More sets to come after the Mixer for the amusement park theme. Possible Wizard of Oz theme coming. Just guesses based on Ed's cryptic comments. Much more fun to hear the guesses than just have Ed blurt it out :)

I really hope it's not a Wizard of Oz theme coming out. I cannot stand that movie. If it is I may have to become a chima fan and stand in line for hours when the first UCS China set comes out

This thread has been EPIC. I am mainly a collector and thus far only invested in a handful of sets and poly bags. Earlier this month based on this thread I was fortunate enough to pickup a Town Hall when amazon released their stock that Monday morning. Based on what I am reading here I am going to follow the advice I keep reading over and over again which is not to wait too long for sets that I want. The modulars are my new addiction - I bought GE at the end of sept and both TH and PS this month and have decided there is no reason to wait on purchasing the PC and PR for my own collection in the very near future.

I also thought the Fairground Mixer was an amazing set and I would be thrilled if LEGO decided to replace the modular theme with a carnival theme. The mixer is a $150 set which is the same price point as the modulars if they are intending to keep sets in that price and piece count area too.

Edited by runormal
  • Like 1

I see people here had fun while I was away in my real life...

It's funny (in both an amusing way and a sad way) how people read/interprete/believe in... Eds posts.

Probably rubbing his belly brings good luck as well.

Some people are very perceptive while others live in the Land of Oz.

Why should lego retire all of them? I dont get the point... The afols have the money for expensive sets...

Because AFOLS only make up 15% of the Lego market (or so we're told). It would make sense for Lego to focus more on smaller sets, which is where they make most of their money.

Also, if you look at growing markets like China and Brazil, most kids in those places can't afford large sets, so focusing on smaller sets might be more profitable in those places.

I'm speculating obviously, but I think the Detective Agency could well be the last modular. It would certainly fit the pattern of recent events like TH getting retired. Also, the introduction of sets like the Bike Shop.

Either that or Ed is just having some fun at our expense, and I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt that he isn't.

Edited by tractorboy

Because AFOLS only make up 15% of the Lego market (or so we're told). It would make sense for Lego to focus more on smaller sets, which is where they make most of their money.

Also, if you look at growing markets like China and Brazil, most kids in those places can't afford large sets, so focusing on smaller sets might be more profitable in those places.

I'm speculating obviously, but I think the Detective Agency could well be the last modular. It would certainly fit the pattern of recent events like TH getting retired.

Either that or Ed is just having some fun at our expense, and I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt that he isn't.

Some fun...but some guidance as well.  

Epic indeed. HIGHLY entertaining.

I love the Red Cross Founding Geezer Troll style (no disrespect, naturally)...

Throw us those bones... watch us ignore them or run and fetch... see if we chew or bury them.

Some are meaty and delicious, others sprinkled with pepper just because it's hilarious to see the reactions.

Certain dogs don't like being played with, some beg constantly for treats. A few are just mean and have to be... dealt with.

Can we rename this place "Brick Pound"??

lol

On a more serious note, I believe the concept of much more unpredictable EOL dates has great merit, all things considered...

• Like 1

Epic indeed. HIGHLY entertaining.

I love the Red Cross Founding Geezer Troll style (no disrespect, naturally)...

Throw us those bones... watch us ignore them or run and fetch... see if we chew or bury them.

Some are meaty and delicious, others sprinkled with pepper just because it's hilarious to see the reactions.

Certain dogs don't like being played with, some beg constantly for treats. A few are just mean and have to be... dealt with.

Can we rename this place "Brick Pound"??

lol

On a more serious note, I believe the concept of much more unpredictable EOL dates has great merit, all things considered...

I like you...

Because AFOLS only make up 15% of the Lego market (or so we're told). 

Where does this information come from? I am not saying it is wrong, I am genuinely interesting in knowing more about this. Last time I heard something like this, LEGO was estimating AFOLS to be a 5% so triple that is a big change, not unreasonable though, maybe even more in reality.

Another big question is how much of the "AFOL" sales got to investors, how much to end users?