10224 - Town Hall

Ed Mack

What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?

• In 2014, tagged or labeled "retired"
    • In 2015 or later, tagged or labeled "retired"

Guest TabbyBoy

My last order was torn between 5x TH and 5x HH.  I think I made the wise choice as too late to go back.  BTW, my local John Lewis still had one of my "marked" THs on the shelf.  I'll grab it if it's still there this weekend.

why do we care how many 10224s other members have?  i use to ask in the beginning (2012) but then the light-bulb turned on. 

seriously, why should i care to even ask when my focus should be on MY collection. 

Because this could all be one big wind up maybe? He seems to be getting a good laugh at dropping riddles in this thread.

2 points.

Ed said a few months ago that the new SW trilogy would have a huge impact on LEGO.

Second, I don't see Ed letting people buy TH if he knew it would be non sense. That would not be right from him.

Just my belief.

I hope you are right.

So far he did not explain any further. I am still hoping there will be two new modulars next year. I am still waiting for a big ass double base plate modular train station.

Second, I don't see Ed letting people buy TH if he knew it would be non sense. That would not be right from him.

And more importantly it would put the business model at extreme risk. If people don't trust Ed they won't be returning, clicking links, and helping pay for the site. Since he made the first vague statement he has double, triple, and quadruple-ed down stating this is going. When he said it the first time I took notice, the second time I made plans, the third time I executed. It didn't take a fourth. I am also approaching this with low risk low reward in mind, I am just selling these immediately to local builders, gift buyers, and investors who scripts aren't up to snuff.

And more importantly it would put the business model at extreme risk. If people don't trust Ed they won't be returning, clicking links, and helping pay for the site. Since he made the first vague statement he has double, triple, and quadruple-ed down stating this is going. When he said it the first time I took notice, the second time I made plans, the third time I executed. It didn't take a fourth. I am also approaching this with low risk low reward in mind, I am just selling these immediately to local builders, gift buyers, and investors who scripts aren't up to snuff.

Yes I was meaning that way too.

Not right as an individual and not right as a business mas :)

I don't think they will ever stop with big sets, there is a market for big lego sets. Lego had this year the best year EVER, and there where never so much big boxes of lego like this year.

I'm only interested in 2000+ boxes if they stop making those they will lose a lot of adult lego fans including me!

Size Does Matter.

Edited by rich79
  • Like 1

I don't think they will ever stop with big sets, there is a market for big lego sets. Lego had this year the best year EVER, and there where never so much big boxes of lego like this year.

I'm only interested in 2000+ boxes if they stop making those they will lose a lot of adult lego fans including me!

Size Does Matter.

they did went away from 4000+ piece sets, but yeah, i don't see the point of trying to get rid of 2000+ piece sets. That sector is filled with perfect target audience - folks with  money to spare

Forums are for entertainment...and some information.   Are..you..not..entertained!?  Is this not why you are here!!?  Do I amuse you?  Nothing has changed, yet everything will change...for some.

Ok lego knows if anything goes eol we will buy it - so the profit is the same now or im month for lego...

Lego needs space for sw sets

If th ge retires and ps mid 2015 there will be 3 modulars still out.. 

I think 3 at the same time is enough 

I heard about 4 other sets for eol end of year.... And its not ps....

Forums are for entertainment...and some information.   Are..you..not..entertained!?  Is this not why you are here!!?  Do I amuse you?  Nothing has changed, yet everything will change...for some.

He has spoken! :rofl:

I feel like Ed is foreshadowing my appearance on an episode of Hoarders, broke and lying in a sea of TH boxes.

• Like 1

Sounds like the rumblings of a new amusement park theme that floated around early this year are true?

I hope not that would be a total snoozefest for me.

FWIW my LBR manager says ALOT of the big sets are going this year. I do know they will also be releasing another Simpsons set next year as well. I am guessing they simply do not have the capacity to produce all of these new themes so the slow sellers are getting axed early.