10224 - Town Hall

Ed Mack

What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?

• In 2014, tagged or labeled "retired"
    • In 2015 or later, tagged or labeled "retired"

Agreed, but I think we established that Town Hall seems to be a good deal. The attentive reader already knows Ed Mack bought 2 of them recently. What does it matter if he has 5, 10, 20?

Does not matter how many he _had_ or recently bought. What matters is whether or not he is still buying (or at least wanting to buy) _after_ he turned on ominous music in the background

I doubt this is it but perhaps it is something super sinister.

Like the Detective Agency is the last Modular that there will be.

The line of modulars is ending.

It is over.

Lego makes more money as referenced on here on other sets that are not geared for the grown up and adults - small sets, Star Wars, etc.

Lego is being sinister in that fine we have played the game long enough, the modular line is over.

Lets kill several now, make room for new other non modular sets, finish out our last set the Detective Agency and move on to other things.

AFOL's have had their run.  Now it is time for us to have our run with profits on things more profitable.

I doubt that is it but I wonder.

I think this is it exactly.

Theory:

Lego will start producing smaller buildings (already started with the bikeshop and cafe). Set is cheaper, smaller and takes less shelf space. Pet Shop is the smallest building I believe. That is why it is still remaining. The Detective Agency will be the last modular.

Like I said: Lego will concentrate more on their core business. Making small and medium sets for kids. Production of the bigger sets will decrease, smaller sets increase. In China most people cannot pay the big sets. But the smaller sets they can.

How Ed reacts to his inside info should be very important to anyone buying these.

so is Ed Mack  the new lego investing deep throat of bricks?  who said anything about "insider info"   ha

that's it.  i'm gonna start my own lego speculation web site named, "deep brick" and ed mack will be my single "man on the inside".  :)

post-3743-0-16020200-1414510748_thumb.jp

• Like 4

Another interesting subject worth considering in the context of "chaos" and "change" - the "No Discounts On Exclusives Policy", set to expire in January 2015. Not actually sure what impact would it have if it lapses(there was no such policy few years back), but it would be a change

LEGO will prob change it "no discount at all" policy, lol